The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Louder BOV on VVTi?

benkei

Since fitting my Blitz panel filter and Nur Spec R, I can no longer hear the standard BOV and my TT sounds like an N/A! :thumbdown: :(

Is there any way I can make it louder? Or will I need to install an aftermarket BOV? As it's a VVTi, it will need to recirc the air due to the MAF sensor on the intake, is that right?

As you say on a VVTi with MAF sensor it's best to recirculate the BOV so it doesn't screw up the fueling, it doesn't really matter whether it's stock or aftermarket if the BOV is recirculate you won't hear it either way.

I'd imagine it would make a little more noise, even recirced?

take your sound deadening off the bonnet. :D

I was planning to do this actually... :sly:

Your supposed to on a uk spec too as its maf. But many don't inc me. And the car runs fine :)

Apparently it's the gear changes where it can be noticed the most, and any other time you let off the throttle and re-apply.

How do you run without a BOV? Do you still get the 'flutter' noise with sequanetial twins?

I have a recirculated HKS SSQV on the MR2, I can just about hear it open but it's mounted just behind my head when driving, I doubt on the Supra you'll hear much at all.

If you remove the BOV altogether and block off the holes you'll hear the turbos flutter a little when you lift off.

I have a recirculated HKS SSQV on the MR2, I can just about hear it open but it's mounted just behind my head when driving, I doubt on the Supra you'll hear much at all.

If you remove the BOV altogether and block off the holes you'll hear the turbos flutter a little when you lift off.

True actually, I had a similar set up in my MR2.

What are the risks/problems of running without a BOV? Is there a guide on here?

Since fitting my Blitz panel filter and Nur Spec R, I can no longer hear the standard BOV and my TT sounds like an N/A! :thumbdown: :(

Is there any way I can make it louder? Or will I need to install an aftermarket BOV? As it's a VVTi, it will need to recirc the air due to the MAF sensor on the intake, is that right?

Or you could stop being a chav :D