The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Part numbers (front crank seal, flywheel bolts)

hodge

Is the front seal leaking? CW determined a number of years ago that oil pump wear is usually the cause of the seal going and recommends changing the pump at the same time.

I know when I replaced a leaking front seal on mine years ago the thing started leaking again within a week or so, fitting a new oil pump and another seal sorted the problem.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Is the front seal leaking? CW determined a number of years ago that a worn oil pump is usually the cause of the seal wear and advises changing the pump at the same time.

No leaks Nic, Chris is doing me a built shortblock so when I get it back ill need to fit the oil pump, sumps oil seal etc etc.

You will be getting it back soon, I am probably going to have to buy a new steam cleaner as this one is proving impossible to get a new boiler heater coil for. I am naturally loathe to spend a couple of grand if I can get a new coil made for £300, please bear with me, have put immense pressure (pardon the pun) on steam cleaner people to take money off me, it's proving hard to spend money..... :(

You may find ARP bolts cheaper than MrT ones. If the old bolts haven't seen drag starts or any nonsense they should be 100% reusable to be honest.

You will be getting it back soon, I am probably going to have to buy a new steam cleaner as this one is proving impossible to get a new boiler heater coil for. I am naturally loathe to spend a couple of grand if I can get a new coil made for £300, please bear with me, have put immense pressure (pardon the pun) on steam cleaner people to take money off me, it's proving hard to spend money..... :(

You may find ARP bolts cheaper than MrT ones. If the old bolts haven't seen drag starts or any nonsense they should be 100% reusable to be honest.

This weekend maybe ;)