The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight Colour - MOT Fail?

Sakey

Currently on my very soggy supra I have one clear headlight and one yellowing headlight which is enough to tinge the light yellow.

I've got my MOT due in the next few weeks will it fail because of this?

Here is a picture of what I mean its more obvious in person. Not very clear I know, the camera is rubbish!(Silly I-phones :innocent: )

attachment.php?attachmentid=161144&stc=1&d=1353878052

photo.JPG

Yep there HID's Abz and the camera is making them look like there pointing upwards :( Its mainly the difference in colour caused by the yellowing headlight that I'm concerned about.

Yeah he has, Dave are they 8K or 6K as the HID's may not pass lol

Well you and Marty had them out last so did you put correct bulbs back in? :p As far as I know there both 6k

Edited by Sakey (see edit history)

Yep there HID's Abz and the camera is making them look like there pointing upwards :( Its mainly the difference in colour caused by the yellowing headlight that I'm concerned about.

Well you and Marty had them out last so did you put correct bulbs back in? :p As far as I know there both 6k

My main concern would be that it would fail on it having HID's, or the beam pattern. If the headlight itself is yellow then you better start polishing with PlasticX or G3!!

i passed with HID, 8k's if that helps ;)

Mine has passed for the last 3 years too with the 6k's in using 3 different garages. Will be the 4th different garage to do it this year. Fingers crossed!!

If the headlight itself is yellow then you better start polishing with PlasticX or G3!!

I was afraid of that answer as it involves being wet.... and cold.... and Littlers is too far away to use his machines on it for haribo.... :(

Mine has passed for the last 3 years too with the 6k's in using 3 different garages. Will be the 4th different garage to do it this year. Fingers crossed!!

I was afraid of that answer as it involves being wet.... and cold.... and Littlers is too far away to use his machines on it for haribo.... :(

Yeah if you were a little closer I'd of sorted them for you, but saying that have you still got Martins rotary?