The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras in the snow

Toytown

just how bad are the Mk4 supes in the snow & ice ??

My last one (MK3T) was hopeless, it got so bad when we had a bad snowy weekend, I had to park it up & pinch my parents Trooper :D

I am prepared though, bought this little import gem to sell on & if it doesn't sell, it will "do" until supra weather returns :D

http://www.signworkshops.co.uk/wrxqtr.jpg

Summer-tires...isnt ment for winterweather :) Its as simple as that... :) Ive driven my mkIV year-around since i got it...(i live in Norway, a bit more north than most of you guys :D)...and with the right (studless) wintertires the mkIV is actually quite comfortable to drive in the snow :)

Most of all because the car is so well balanced....for instance...the transition from full-grip..to no-grip...is dead easy to feel...the car just tells you BEFORE things start going bad... :)

What i usually do is not use the TRAC under 60-70km/h...then switch it on...IF i a) feel insecure about the roadsurface...or b) im doing 'higher speeds' :D And youve got to respect the car itself...and offcourse the weather too :)

Im certainly into a big rant here, aint i? :D

Actually in the wintertime...is when you can actually feel that the 4-channel ABS with its G-sensor is working...aswell as the Torsen diff....man dont you just love the way this car is set up? :D

As far as im concerned this is THE only sportscar that you can use as a year-round daily driver! And..i can PERSONALLY vouch for that! :D

@lpher

lol at 250.

:D

I had an incident where I was driving up a lane the snow on the road was compacted and I got so far then got stuck and couldn't go forward without sliding sideways towards a ditch, I had it in 1st gear and manual mode and 'snow' setting on traction (Facelift Supra has a snow mode lol)

and tried everything in the end the only way was to reverse all the way down the hill inch by inch, it seemd like it took a couple of hours, I was still sliding all over the place but would have to go forward evry so often to correct the path lol....was painful couple of hours 2 years ago.

:eek:

Originally posted by Whitelightning

Oh sure - its funny to you.

They're out there man !

THEY'RE ALL AROUND US !

OMG

http://www.americanparknetwork.com/parkinfo/ye/images/moose.jpg

Awh Look how soft it looks, how could you be scared of that the ones i seen in essex were a lot more abrasive than that!

They may well look all cuddley n cute when you first lay eyes on them (Damn that AfterShock!) but when you see one laying next to u in the morning....

Defo no so cuddley.... Have you tried getting in the shower with one of those before........!!!!!

The Antlers keep nicking all the shower spray!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Originally posted by Green Peace

I killed a Deer last year...I was ever so upset, and I was only doing fifty in a 60 limit...

:(

I was driving behind a car that hit a deer (we have lots around here) a few weeks ago. The guy didn't stop, but the deer was clearly still alive. I was on my way to a business meeting with a colleague. We managed to get the deer into the back of my car, wrapped in towels (always carry them, you never know when they might come in handy!), and took it to the nearest vet. Sadly, it died later that day, but at least I felt I tried to help. When I tried to explain why we were somewhat dishevelled and very late for the meeting, there were lots of raised eyebrows...