The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has the highest milage Supra TT ?

Nikue

• 2 months later...
I think it got over 300,000 before it was "retired", I suspect the highest mileage Supra probably belongs to someone who doesn't realise it, due to "recalibration" work :)

:D

My chassis is probably on around 120k (as long as the ODO isn't telling ginormous porkies...) with my engine on xxx (rebuilt TT engine transplanted into an NA chassis). I don't know how many miles were on it before the rebuild. All I know is that I will continue to look after it and fix things that need fixed as I go. There is no point in me trying to guess the story. Just need to try to remember the story of it since my purchase :)

I think it got over 300,000 before it was "retired", I suspect the highest mileage Supra probably belongs to someone who doesn't realise it, due to "recalibration" work :)

This, 100%.

Quick survey of Pistonheads as of today: 77 Supras for sale, 72 of them under the "magical" 100k miles. That is totally ridiculous and shows the extent of this "recalibration" work. IMO it's rife using the old "converted to miles" excuse.

Edit to add: 16 out of the 19 on Autotrader are also under the magical mileage!

Edited by st3ven1
Autotrader data (see edit history)

This, 100%.

Quick survey of Pistonheads as of today: 77 Supras for sale, 72 of them under the "magical" 100k miles. That is totally ridiculous and shows the extent of this "recalibration" work. IMO it's rife using the old "converted to miles" excuse.

Edit to add: 16 out of the 19 on Autotrader are also under the magical mileage!

I agree, but when so many buyers want cars with such low mileages the dealers will pander to it. I mean, how can you possibly warrant a mileage on a 20 year old car imported from Japan with absolutely no history? You can't.

On the subject of mileage Ive seen more than 1 Aristo with 250k miles on the clock and still going strong.