The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T67/CT26 hybrid turbo on ebay

Shane

Yes, if you were going to go with a T67 then single would be the normal way, but using this housing it appears that you would use the normal housings and theerfore be able to stay sequential. You can get the stock turbos rebuilt as hybrids, but I have never seen them done to this degree, I think normally they are only marginally larger than stock. Josh, yeah thats right, I do remember reading about his project. Do CT26s fit in place of the C12s then?

Yes, if you were going to go with a T67 then single would be the normal way, but using this housing it appears that you would use the normal housings and theerfore be able to stay sequential. You can get the stock turbos rebuilt as hybrids, but I have never seen them done to this degree, I think normally they are only marginally larger than stock. Josh, yeah thats right, I do remember reading about his project. Do CT26s fit in place of the C12s then?

They seem to, but I'm not sure if the stock pipework would cause the EGTs to rise. Not sure how these would work, as I doubt the stock setup will be able to handle the claimed 350+bhp over standard turbos.

They seem to, but I'm not sure if the stock pipework would cause the EGTs to rise. Not sure how these would work, as I doubt the stock setup will be able to handle the claimed 350+bhp over standard turbos.

I think the 350+ thing is to be taken with a bucket of salt but was thinking that it could still provide a nice increase over normal hybrids.

I think the 350+ thing is to be taken with a bucket of salt but was thinking that it could still provide a nice increase over normal hybrids.

I'm not sure how restrictive the stock twin turbo system is, but I recall reading a test done previously showing that when running 1.3bar on stock turbos, the increase in EGTs outweighed any power gains achieved over 1.2bar. Hopefully someone will know how restrictive it is, and whether more power can be pushed by just changing the turbos (cold side, by the looks of it).

I'm not sure how restrictive the stock twin turbo system is, but I recall reading a test done previously showing that when running 1.3bar on stock turbos, the increase in EGTs outweighed any power gains achieved over 1.2bar. Hopefully someone will know how restrictive it is, and whether more power can be pushed by just changing the turbos (cold side, by the looks of it).

OK, my understanding of that was slightly different, I thought it was high charge temperatures that made it not worthwhile over 1.3bar, but with a larger cold side this would be the case I wouldnt think. But maybe I have that wrong.

OK, my understanding of that was slightly different, I thought it was high charge temperatures that made it not worthwhile over 1.3bar, but with a larger cold side this would be the case I wouldnt think. But maybe I have that wrong.

To be fair, I probably have it wrong :D

I would assume that the EGTs with raise, the more air going through the engine, and the pipework in the stock TT system wouldn't be open enough to allow enough air to flow out of the engine.

To be fair, I probably have it wrong :D

I would assume that the EGTs with raise, the more air going through the engine, and the pipework in the stock TT system wouldn't be open enough to allow enough air to flow out of the engine.

I think it more that the stock compressor side is out of it's efficiency range at the higher levels.

wont fit a 2jz/1jz unless used with a modified single manifold as Its a replacement bolt on for a mk3 supra 7MGTE CT26 (simialr to the GT4/Mr2 unit) problem is the stock CT26 shaft cant support that wheel, and its been proved countless times - biggest reliable seems to be 57 or 60 trim.