The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respraying a Supra to look 100%

Polemarch

I really like the bronze Supra's but there are very few about, the only one that is roughly good enough (TT) has messy bodywork. I'd much rather have a mint car to start with.

What is the deal with respraying? I mean a real pro respray? If you bought a nice white or silver car could you get it sprayed bronze and what would it look like? I don't want a second rate car, it must look like new. Is this possible? Where do you get it done and how much does it cost?

Do they remove the old paint? If the car gets scratched does the old paint or primer show through? Do these places do inside the engine bag and the interior bodywork (if it needs painting). Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get this possibilioty straight in my head.

Wow, what a waste of words??!!! I'm sure I could have said all of that in 10 words!!! Thanks in advance.

yes it can look like an original car if it is taken to the right people, its not a cheap job when you start including door shuts and engine bays,

the old paint is not removed but is primed over, you will see the original colour if you scratch deep enough, but to be fair ALL cars have a primer colour underneath the original paint anyway