The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changing front end design after front end panel damage

Guest cliogerbil

Guest cliogerbil

Hi

After a bit of an accident with a barrier last month, i'm thinking rather than putting the front end back to as it was (pic below) I will be making some changes.

I've got some vented wings lined up and will be having a different front bumper. I'm also thinking of changing the headlights to something else as for something different.

Here's what it looked like before

After the accident

and after some tidy up

Im pretty handy with fibreglass. Which lights do you think might suit the shape of the front end?

Im pretty handy with fibreglass. Which lights do you think might suit the shape of the front end?

I think the Supra ones work pretty well...

:D

Difficult to say as I have never been a fan of any different front ends I have seen.

Something that I would try if going for something different would be an LFA front, as I think they look great:

http://newspaper.li/static/5f4e16d98bbc95c6d7f43a3000109a4a.JPG

Celica has been done by quite a few now, if I was to change the front I'd probably go for something similar to a supra front end as possible, keeping the rounder looks of the car and not adding and straight lines which would look odd to the rear of the car :) something like an updated 2000gt or 240z look :)

Guest cliogerbil

i'd like to keep it the same colour as that's the main reason i bought it back in the day.

The damage i'm pretty sure is just panel damage and slam panel as it drives perfectly fine. It hasn't been laser checked but the barrier hit above the chassis rail and didn't even mark it. It was also a near enough flat impact at lowish speed so looks worse than it is.

Guest cliogerbil

i think if i'm going to change them then it will have to be something roundish to keep the shape right. the myth with this paint is that you have to do a whole respray if you damage it. It can be done panel by panel though....you just can't blend in