The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worst day of my life !!!

SNIPERTT

Took the chariot in to get the alloys refurbed last week, thought I would treat her, then after not hearing anything I got a phone call today saying that they couldn't do anything because they didn't have the right machinery. Not what I wanted to hear, then to top it off a text message followed saying that the car had left the shop and was on its way back to me. To say I wasn't pleased is an understatement, NOBODY drives my car other than me and I was fuming. There is a very good reason that I don't allow anyone to drive my car, this pic should explain .........

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took the chariot in to get the alloys refurbed last week, thought I would treat her, then after not hearing anything I got a phone call today saying that they couldn't do anything because they didn't have the right machinery. Not what I wanted to hear, then to top it off a text message followed saying that the car had left the shop and was on its way back to me. To say I wasn't pleased is an understatement, NOBODY drives my car other than me and I was fuming. There is a very good reason that I don't allow anyone to drive my car, this pic should explain .........

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r508/snipertt666/20121120_163713.jpg

Twats,

What did they hit ?

:(

Was that damage done today?

I thought it was a previous accident and the reason why you don't want other people behind the wheel of your car!

Bad luck dude, hope it gets sorted.

But if this does turn out to be the worst day of your life then believe me when I tell you I'll be the first one to say it was a charmed one you lived.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

so this body shop crashed your car? id be smashing some faces in if that was me mate! hope you get it sorted!

massive shame about those racing harts. you'll struggle to find a replacment :(

Id be charging them every bit.

Nob ends,

I had a gs430 once left it with a company to vallet the interior and they managed to damage the front end.

I assume they didnt understand v8 + 340 HP = respect the car.

I had them buy the car from me!

Literally just got back from looking at her just had to share my pain :mad: The owner has said they will foot the bill to get her fixed no matter how much, the company will pay. they are gonna take the front end to pieces over the next few days and make sure the engine isn't damaged then rebuild her. Have to say the owner is dealing with it well he's given me a new fiesta to drive around in And said they will go through all the parts that need to be replaced with me and not just crack on, so I'm happy. Oh and I get to chose a new set of alloys ....

Literally just got back from looking at her just had to share my pain :mad: The owner has said they will foot the bill to get her fixed no matter how much, the company will pay. they are gonna take the front end to pieces over the next few days and make sure the engine isn't damaged then rebuild her. Have to say the owner is dealing with it well he's given me a new fiesta to drive around in And said they will go through all the parts that need to be replaced with me and not just crack on, so I'm happy. Oh and I get to chose a new set of alloys ....

Well sounds like he is going to do the right thing. Id insist on it being checked with a laser or however they do it before any work is done as my old car never felt the same after the crash and it was because the garage repairing it had missed that it was ever so slightly not straight!

I know it might be difficult but I would want it taken to a professional body shop. Otherwise its likely to be built by a couple of blokes who don't know what they are doing and it will never be right again.

Worst case is that it gets written off and you have to buy a new one. But rather that than endless problems.

I would not want that back repaired it will be worth so much less than before

I would be asking why he is so keen to take care of the problem and not run it through insurance, my bet is he was not covered

Yup, ask them for a big fat non bouncing cheque.

Ask with menace.

Id get a secound opinion on this from another garage, Looks like alot of damage.

You would be better getting there insurance involved, if that had been my company id of surely done it through insurance (makes you think are they insured)

and ask yourself will it be worth the same when its repaired?