The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bilstein/ Spring question??

scunner

Just had the geo setup done by Kenny Brown in hillington which was well worth it!! The car drives better but on picking it up he told me the car is sitting way too high at the rear and low at the front. Had a feeling it was way too low in the front due to the clearance (or lack of) with only 18"x8 wheels with 235 tyres. I really like the bilstein shocks and don't want to go for a new suspension setup if I can get away with just new springs?

The car has Chris Wilson bilstein's with HKS springs at the moment. My question is, if I can put any springs onto the CW bilstein's to try and correct the problem? It may sound like a daft question but to be honest I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the re-worked shocks and the stock setup?

Any help would be great as I have no clue what type/ size springs to order??!!

As far as I know? I bought the car from a member on here last year and he told me they were HKS?

I ask because I'm pretty sure HKS never made lowering springs for the Supra and if they did then it will have been over 15 years ago. What colour are the springs?

Yes, it just needs the base plate mounts raising.

Base plates sound like the way to go for the fronts but I'd probably need to buy springs to bring the rear down though. Might be as well buying a set of four then seeing if that brings up the front? Can lowering springs for the standard setup be used on the CW shocks?

Base plates sound like the way to go for the fronts but I'd probably need to buy springs to bring the rear down though. Might be as well buying a set of four then seeing if that brings up the front? Can lowering springs for the standard setup be used on the CW shocks?

The same can be done to the rear to raise it, in fact you will find that the rears already have 2 levels and the front 3.

The rear grooves are 10mm? apart and the fronts a little more.

Without removing from car, using spring compressors, it's possible to then lift the base-plate and simply move the retaining clip into another groove.

The same can be done to the rear to raise it, in fact you will find that the rears already have 2 levels and the front 3.

The rear grooves are 10mm? apart and the fronts a little more.

Without removing from car, using spring compressors, it's possible to then lift the base-plate and simply move the retaining clip into another groove.

That's excellent, thanks very much for that. I'll have a look today. Hopefully will save me some cash. I'd have thought they would have noticed that when it was in getting the geo done?