The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential Supra owner

Guest m4rk205

Guest m4rk205

Hi Guys

Looking for a bit of advice...

I currently own an ST205 Celica GT4 and have come to a bit of a crossroads. Its nearly 300bhp and I have spent about 3k doing 'ground work' repairs and a clutch upgrade. Now that all the major GT4 probs have been fixed I'm wondering, do I continue tuning the 4 banger to say 400bhp or sell it and make the step up to a TT 6 banger Supra - 6 speed manual of course :p

I have a works van and maybe do 6k miles a year, its just a toy basically. And I know the running costs of a GT4. Just wondering how big of a step up is a Supra and have any of you had a GT4 and made the step up to a Supra? What are the running cost differences and do you reckon I should go for it?

Cheers

Mark

Guest m4rk205

Budget after sale of GT4 would be £8-9,000 but looking at decent ones on PH would probs wait a bit longer and stretch to £10,000. Thought a couple of members may have past experience of GT4 and Supra running costs and could compare the two hence the thread. My GT4 is a really clean 98 spec with proof of all common faults repaired, so would expect 5-6k for it.

Budget after sale of GT4 would be £8-9,000 but looking at decent ones on PH would probs wait a bit longer and stretch to £10,000. Thought a couple of members may have past experience of GT4 and Supra running costs and could compare the two hence the thread. My GT4 is a really clean 98 spec with proof of all common faults repaired, so would expect 5-6k for it.

If your looking at Supra's from Paul Brown on Pistonheads, DONT GO THERE!!!

hi,i've just changed from gt4 st205 to supra tt auto.my gt4 was running 313 bhp and would hit 60mph around 4.7 sec very easily.the 2 car are completely different.love my gt4,but the supra just amazing and a big step forward.apart from in the wet,but still not bad.in the dry it's just great.again different way they behave round corners.in term of running cost it's a bit more expensive,but that only because mine is a jdm spec.if it's was uk spec,i would be paying less insurance than my gt4.consumption is a bit more than the gt4 too.but i don't regret at all changing my gt4 for a supra.little note,i didn't want an auto box,but a changed in my finance force me to take the auto.again no regret.great great auto box.slower than my gt4 to 60 mph.but once it's going,gt4 won't have a chance.good luck for your search.:cool:

Guest m4rk205
If your looking at Supra's from Paul Brown on Pistonheads, DONT GO THERE!!!

This is why wise man visits owners club before purchasing a certain car! Horror stories from here then I guess. The Supras on there sound really good, does he clock them or something?

Thanks fripon, thats exactly what I was after!

This is why wise man visits owners club before purchasing a certain car! Horror stories from here then I guess. The Supras on there sound really good, does he clock them or something?

Thanks fripon, thats exactly what I was after!

There is no hard evidence but some things didn't add up about where his premises were and who he was dealing for. In the end it appeared he might have links with some seriously shady individuals who have had many names but due to legal action we can't name them on here. People have dealt with him and had no problems but safe to say no one here in their right mind would buy a Supra from the high wycombe area !!