The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calling Syvecs owners and tunners...!

Brazil

1: How difficult is it for someone that has good tuning experience to be able to tune the Syvecs? Is any of you guys doing it?

2: Is there tutorials on how to tune the Supra 2jz-gte? or better still 2jz-gte vvti?

3: Once Ryan G tuned your car how often have you required his services again?

4: How long did it take for Ryan G to tune your car?

I am just trying to get an idea of costs and practicality of using the Syvecs specific to my 2jz-gte VVTI 6 speed manual HKS TO4Z turbo conversion.

Choose your mapper, then the ECU. Don't be tempted to try and map a turbo engine yourself, nor to "try" the engine on someone else's base map. I find the Syvec's software a bit cumbersome, but the ECU itself is highly competent. Motec software is much more user friendly, in my opinion, and they provide massive support, direct or on line. BUT, it's down to the mapper, I'd far rather have an ecu my mapper of choice was happy with, than forcing him to map something unfamiliar. Price of most ECU's and their mapping is trivial in the grand scale of doing a single turbo conversion properly. Or is it you who wants a standalone ECU running the stock sequential set up, I forget?

If you've never tuned/mapped a car before, you've got no chance of getting a decent tune on it.

What I'd do, is have a harness made by Ryan, get it posted out with a basemap on the Syvecs for the car. Then, fly Ryan out to map it for a day.

Yes Johnny, that option is on top of my list...! If I can get the car driving on a base map at least it will increase my chances of getting the job done in 1 day..!

Choose your mapper, then the ECU. Don't be tempted to try and map a turbo engine yourself, nor to "try" the engine on someone else's base map. I find the Syvec's software a bit cumbersome, but the ECU itself is highly competent. Motec software is much more user friendly, in my opinion, and they provide massive support, direct or on line. BUT, it's down to the mapper, I'd far rather have an ecu my mapper of choice was happy with, than forcing him to map something unfamiliar. Price of most ECU's and their mapping is trivial in the grand scale of doing a single turbo conversion properly. Or is it you who wants a standalone ECU running the stock sequential set up, I forget?

The components that are being used is HKS TO4Z turbo kit, complete fuel system, bigger plenum and TB, 264 exhaust cam only and OEM VVTI Cam, V161 6 speed gear box. '' Car is J-spec''.

My mechanic offered to tune the car but he has only tuned a few cars and he really specializes in Honda race cars using AEM EMS.

I was also looking into this, especially when a new firmware becomes available.

• Does Ryan need to tweak the ECU if a new feature is applicable to your car?
  • Or do you just leave it on the firmware Ryan set it up on
  • Reading on the Syvecs website, you need to save the Map file, then install the new Firmware , then reload Ryans custom Map File ; but what if you have difficulties loading the Map file?

It can get very $$ if you keep flying Ryan back and forth, from looking at the Syvecs website they seem to have a new firware update every 2-3 months

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I was also looking into this, especially when a new firmware becomes available.

• Does Ryan need to tweak the ECU if a new feature is applicable to your car?
  • Or do you just leave it on the firmware Ryan set it up on
  • Reading on the Syvecs website, you need to save the Map file, then install the new Firmware , then reload Ryans custom Map File ; but what if you have difficulties loading the Map file?

It can get very $$ if you keep flying Ryan back and forth, from looking at the Syvecs website they seem to have a new firware update every 2-3 months

What are all the sensors that are needed to go with the Syvecs S6 GP? How much do they cost and where is the best place to buy it from?

What are all the sensors that are needed to go with the Syvecs S6 GP? How much do they cost and where is the best place to buy it from?

Quote I got last week basted on latest Autumn syvecs price list; you get them from syvecs

Extras

8 Position Calibration Switch €33.83

4 Bar Mapsensor Kit with plug €163.01

3 Port Boost Solinoid €52.09

Bosch Wideband Knock Sensor €94.10

Full knock control upgrade for S6 €196.49

Quote I got last week basted on latest Autumn syvecs price list; you get them from syvecs

Extras

8 Position Calibration Switch €33.83

4 Bar Mapsensor Kit with plug €163.01

3 Port Boost Solinoid €52.09

Bosch Wideband Knock Sensor €94.10

Full knock control upgrade for S6 €196.49

That's great... Thanks..!

Seriously, get in touch with Ryan and have a chat with him, you'll then get first hand info from a guy who does know his stuff.

As Chris Wilson has said, choose your mapper.... I'm sure after talking to Ryan you'll have a much better idea of what's needed and the costs.

I ran a race built motor with a syvecs that Ryan supplied, fitted and maintained. I could never fault his work or dedication to getting the job done. The engine never had any trouble and the setup Ryan configured was spot on.

Maintenance isn't that bad, I only needed tweeks after major component changes so if your keeping the engine the same once built then there's very little to do.

.... Not that I'm biased :-)

Seriously, get in touch with Ryan and have a chat with him, you'll then get first hand info from a guy who does know his stuff.

As Chris Wilson has said, choose your mapper.... I'm sure after talking to Ryan you'll have a much better idea of what's needed and the costs.

I ran a race built motor with a syvecs that Ryan supplied, fitted and maintained. I could never fault his work or dedication to getting the job done. The engine never had any trouble and the setup Ryan configured was spot on.

Maintenance isn't that bad, I only needed tweeks after major component changes so if your keeping the engine the same once built then there's very little to do.

.... Not that I'm biased :-)

I have decided to go Syvecs and get Ryan to tune it...! :-)

Would change of clutch effect the tune of the car?