The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New project highest power on stock engine!!!ABFLUG SUPRA

Guest shahid

Hi all I have been busy for a long time and have not had a chance to do any new projects till now, so I have now purchased a 1999 T plate vvti supra twin turbo Auto, mission is to fit ABFLUG kit and go as far as possible on stock engine long block and drive train.

So me thinking most of you will have an idea as to who has the record for the fastest 1/4 mile supra on stock long block and drive train, I need to know so I can challenge it, any genuine info would be greatly appreciated, thank you, and also if there is anyone selling a ABFLUG supra bodykit or even a car with one on it, thanks in advance.:)

My plan is to start a project thread early next year on this forum, so not too far away...

Abflugly kit will be very hard to source now but there are copys which i have seen from america. Never seen one which looks good in person though. Stock block can take a huge ammount of power. good luck with the build and project.

I doubt you will challenge any record on the strip as the car will have a ton of filler work with that kit :D

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Complete contradiction of a build, why would you be interested in getting the fastest 1/4 mile on stock engine and drive train and at the same time be fitting a huge bulky body kit?

Strip it out, and I mean fully strip it out, huge single turbo, NOS and good supporting mods including ECU, drag tyres and you will be on the way, will need to sort the auto box out though,and I would have thought ARP rod and main bolts would be a good idea

I hear what some of you are saying and you are right, so the plan would be to just strip her out to drag chassis tuning spec, bolt on mods, map and drag, if we get a decent record then treat her to the abflug after wards :cool:.

I love the abflug kit on the supra, I think its the only kit that actually gives the car a justified stance and pics below is what i want to make her look like when finished in red...or maybe the S9500, will decide when we actually get to that point:(.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160933[/ATTACH]

abflug supra2.jpg

Edited by shahid (see edit history)

I hear what some of you are saying and you are right, so the plan would be to just strip her out to drag chassis tuning spec, bolt on mods, map and drag, if we get a decent record then treat her to the abflug after wards :cool:.

I love the abflug kit on the supra, I think its the only kit that actually gives the car a justified stance and pics below is what i want to make her look like when finished in red...or maybe the S9500, will decide when we actually get to that point:(.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160934[/ATTACH]

Sorry mate, but think i was just sick in my mouth a little, it kills all the lines of the supra imho!

Lol ok lads, since I have been away from forums for a long time, I gues some of you prefer the normal look and lines of the car, I still have not made any definate decision as yet on the kit, thought I should get an idea from you guys first.

Drag chassis tuning for drag racing, this for some tuners out there is a close guarded secret lol, its simply physics used in drag racing by calculating the best weight evenly distributed in the car and a specific suspension set up to allow gravity forces to pull down on the car(Bogg) while it launches, to gain maximum grip for launch to gain the best possible 60ft.

For example some people use coilovers on drag cars, this stiffens the suspension and does not allow the car to bog down to gain maximum grip, rather it spins the wheels as the torque/power goes straight to the wheels without any dampening force in place to reduce the instant momentum/torque forces hence the wheels spin.

There are many secrets and tricks to get the best 1/4mile with the least amount of power needed, chassis tuning for drag racing is the first thing a drag racer starts with before moving to the engine power hikes, chassis weight reduction to better the power to weight ratio etc...

I need to have a kit on the car thats not too common (rare) but very popular, so my search will go on...:search: