The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gone 'BPU' - next performance mod?

Homer

I'm looking for some help on my next performance 'upgrade' as I can't seem to decide what to buy next. :innocent: As with many new supra owners I've done the relatively cheap performance mods, but I'm a bit unclear where to go now with the upgrades...

I have just less than a grand to spend but all of the following seem sensible options... Please let me know your thoughts on where the money is best spent!!

1) Greddy e-01 boost controller, install and dyno tune

2) Big injectors (750cc?), Greddy e-manage plus install and setup

3) RTLC (I love drifting and sliding the car everywhere possible, and especially enjoy it when it rains... I have a feeling RTLC would be turned off most of the time, guess I'm a bit of a :looney: )

4) FMIC (Greddy 3 row)#

5) Any other suggestions??

A small/medium single turbo is on the cards next year so am planning the next upgrade with that in mind....

Any opinions welcome :)

Originally posted by Homer

I'm looking for some help on my next performance 'upgrade' as I can't seem to decide what to buy next. :innocent: As with many new supra owners I've done the relatively cheap performance mods, but I'm a bit unclear where to go now with the upgrades...

I have just less than a grand to spend but all of the following seem sensible options... Please let me know your thoughts on where the money is best spent!!

1) Greddy e-01 boost gauge, install and dyno tune

2) Big injectors (750cc?), Greddy e-manage plus install and setup

3) RTLC (I love drifting and sliding the car everywhere possible, and especially enjoy it when it rains... I have a feeling RTLC would be turned off most of the time, guess I'm a bit of a :looney: )

4) FMIC (Greddy 3 row)#

5) Any other suggestions??

A small/medium single turbo is on the cards next year so am planning the next upgrade with that in mind....

Any opinions welcome :)

All of the above then if you are planning on going single .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

All of the above then if you are planning on going single .

Dude:flame Dev

Yeah mate, I know I'm going to need them all before the single :) , but I'm looking to know whats best in terms of the next modification.

Some peeps seem to think a boost controller is essential, others injectors, others an FMIC, etc... just looking for opinions of the best bang for bucks mod :thumbs:

Originally posted by CJ

For me it would have to be the boost controller - unless it is running silly boost already?

Nope, no silly boost levels so far :D

I have a CW restrictor ring and never seen more than 1.15 bar (most of the time, even with hard motorway driving it barely reaches 1 bar) :)

Originally posted by Gordon F

Some decent brakes

A good point and something that was my 1st concern after driving this car hard. After some sound advice from Chris Wilson (among others here) I'm going to stick with the jap setup

New j-spec discs, CW fast road pads, 5.1 fluid and braided lines waiting to go in (okay they're currently in the dining room but they'll go in soon :D )

A good point and something that was my 1st concern after driving this car hard. After some sound advice from Chris Wilson (among others here) I'm going to stick with the jap setup

New j-spec discs, CW fast road pads, 5.1 fluid and braided lines waiting to go in (okay they're currently in the dining room but they'll go in soon :D )

it might be sound advice but i would highly recommend the uk brake set up. i had the jap brakes on my uk for a while and they were excellent but the uk set up is something else. personally ifi were you is get the brakes, there's no way jap brakes will stop a single powered supe

Okay, So FMIC seems to be prerequisite...

How about a new Greddy 3-row - dimension: 600 * 276 * 76

with all the pipework for a mkiv it seems quite good value at £500 ? :)

It's a two row this one m8 - and you stock one will see you OK for now for the levels you will be running

RLTC has always been top for me

Boost controller (get the greddy if going emanage in future?)

Walbro and FSE

:thumbs:

Originally posted by leett

it might be sound advice but i would highly recommend the uk brake set up. i had the jap brakes on my uk for a while and they were excellent but the uk set up is something else. personally ifi were you is get the brakes, there's no way jap brakes will stop a single powered supe

HUH?!

How come you had JAP brakes on a UK spec car? :conf:

(ok, i'll guess during caliper refurb? :) )