The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Twins - Project "Twin Affair"

Sheefa

All

As above, have purchased Johnny G's big HKS GT3037 twins and they will be installed next Spring.

Rationale for project title is fairly self explanatory. Twins and I'm spending far more time and money on the car than the Mrs who has absolutely no idea I'm about to shell out another £10k or so on the build. I will be single in more ways than one come the new year - but picking up a new more understanding lady can wait.

Not exactly sure on spec yet, but current thinking as follows:

Engine

Healthy 2997cc 2JZ-GTE Straight Six (will be compression tested)

SRD Stage 2 cams

BC valve springs and new OEM Stock retainers

Teflon coated valve stem seals

New Gasket and Seals as requred

Turbo

HKS Full Big Twins with rebuilt GT3037's (HTA wheels)

Dual HKS intake pipes w/ HKS filters

HKS header

HKS Heat Shields

HKS downpipe 2 into 1

HKS wastegates

Oil feeds & returns w/ all the correct fittings.

Exhaust

HKS 4” Carbon Titanium Exhaust

Envy 3" Decats

ECU

Syvecs S6 ECU with relevant sensors & Toucan Touch Screen

Fuelling & Ignition

Bosch 044 Fuel Pump in OEM modified hangar with Aeromotive fittings

Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors (cleaned and flow tested)

Whifbitz Fuel Rail with -8 feeds at each end and -6 return in the centre of the rail

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator and necessary fixings

Uprated Fuel Lines with Aeromotive billet in-line filter and OEM filter and Pulsation Dampener bypass

Cooling

Twin Fan Setup

SRD Oil Cooler kit

Transmission, Brakng & Suspension

Getrag 6 Speed Box with RPS Street Clutch & RPS Lightened Flywheel

Tein Flex Coilover System

TRD UK Spec Calipers All Round with decent Discs & CW Fast Road Brake Pads

18" Alloys with Pirelli 235/40/18 Front Tyres and 265/35/18 Rear Tyres

I think that's it for now. I have a lot of reading and research to do still.

Lee @ SRD will be undertaking all the work and he has provided plenty of advice so far (thank you)

Ryan naturally will be doing the mapping. Thanks to Johnny for his kit and advice too.

My aim for now is a healthy 650rwhp with increased rev limit to 7,500rpm at around 1.2 bar.

Naturally I may go bigger power later but need to a balance up the costs and obviously will need to upgrade head further and major upgrades to the block. I want a fairly smooth power delivery and these seem perfect.

Any advice and suggestions on additional components or change in spec would be well received and appreciated.

Looking forward to it.

Greg

Edited by Sheefa
Updated Spec List (see edit history)

I agree on the injectors, they are not big enough, also think about the following

2 row intercooler is not ideal and will be holding you back potentially

Racing plugs would be a good move

You are going to be pushing your luck with a stock auto box and 600whp so a couple of coolers needed

Don't forget all the silly little things like engine mounts, oil and water pumps, seals etc it all adds up

Great to see another car getting built though

I agree on the injectors, they are not big enough, also think about the following

You are going to be pushing your luck with a stock auto box and 600whp so a couple of coolers needed

Don't forget all the silly little things like engine mounts, oil and water pumps, seals etc it all adds up

Think it's a 6 speed Dean?

But yeah would imagine the injectors would be near there limits?

But as I said earlier hell of a spec :D

Those injectors will be too small Greg :)

I know mate. Thought I might go for small/medium power now and upgrade later to some 800s, still deciding whether to just do it now.

That's a great spec!

What was it you said at Dynodaze, i 'may' go for more power next year? ;)

Yeah - I lied! :)

Awesome! That was an excellent buy!!

What was it you said earlier in the year? BPU will be more than enough :D

BPU is definitely enough power mate. However, Johnny was a good seller and he convinced me to buy!

Thanks Dean. Yes mate I bought a new one so need to update garage. Now a decent spec 6speed. Will review injectors, has an RPS clutch at moment which is pretty good and may be sufficient. Will get Lee to check over all the other bits when I drop it off.

If it is an 6 speed you'll need an good clutch;), I would add an good flowing system exhaust if you don't have one already.

Nice partslist so far, good luck with the build:cool:

It's a HKS TI Carbon with 4" box. Should be OK for now unless I want to go northwards of 600.

Look forward to the updates on this. Cant wait now till my twins are on the car! Johnnys were definately a nice price

Looking forward to this greg, nice one. Will be watching with interest.

Thanks gents. Will get proper pics up etc along the way with help of Lee :)

Those twins are a little over kill for 600whp. Those are good for 1000hp, right? I'd get at least 850cc drop in injectors and shoot for 700whp. Or even better to get a cheap Ebay fuel rail and used set of 1000cc's.

You will hate the laggy twins with limited to 1 bar because of injectors..

Edited by Krister (see edit history)

Those twins are a little over kill for 600whp. Those are good for 1000hp, right? I'd get at least 850cc drop in injectors and shoot for 700whp. Or even better to get a cheap Ebay fuel rail and used set of 1000cc's.

You will hate the laggy twins with limited to 1 bar because of injectors..

They're not laggy, mate.