The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What boost = what power?

FOSTA

Ok I'm wanting to get my compression right on this new engine I'm building,

So I'm trying to Work out what commpression to go for.

A member on here made 500bhp at 1bar of boost at a CR of around 9.03.1

Another member made 600bhp at 1.5bar of boost but he is unsure of his CR he knows he has TT pistons in his NA but is not a 100% sure if he also has the thicker TT Headgasket.

(Both are NA-T)

So if a TT has a CR of 8.5.1 what sort of boost will it need to hit around 600bhp mark? ( I know there is a lot that affects bhp like supports mods, cams etc)

But I'm just after a rough outline.

Thanks in advance ;)

Any turbo that can supply enough air can supply 600bhp. its just how the power is delivered mate.

You want to max out your turbo for best results for any given power, but obviously you need room for more power. In an idle world each turbo would run 90% for every setup so you can fast hard spool and dont spool a turbo that feeds the wastegate with pressure.

I would try it on your current turbo, and see how far you can get. Higher the compression the less boost your need.

Dont forget that it's not boost that denotes your power, its air volume which is turbo capacity and pressure of that volume area.

Best? A billet 62-67mm, double ball bearing T4 turbo, I'd go with a Garrett GTX3582R running around 1.5bar or if you want something a bit cheaper a T-04Z.

Ok mate, I'm not sure if you can answer this one but would it be safe to run 1.5bar of boost on a compression ratio of around 9.03.1?

With a CR of 10.1 (stock NA) your limits are 9psi /0.6bar

Now I think I read somewhere that at 9.03.1 your limitations are around 17psi / 1.1bar? But I'm not a 100% on this.