The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is my supra a GZ ?

Guest neilsupra1

Guest neilsupra1

Hi I bought my Supra about a year ago being advertised as a GZ model. It also says on the V5 that it is a GZ 1996/1997 Twin Turbo. So its got full leather, air bags, air con but does not have active front spoiler or cruise control or heated seats.

Could someone please enlighten me as to wether it is still a GZ without the active spoiler and cruise control ?

Im sure theres a guide on here that tells you how to read the vin plate il try snd find it, its possible that someone removed the active spoiler and cruise control as its now a fairly old car

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=28844&d=1140111389

Is it a manual? Or auto?

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

Guest neilsupra1

Thanks for the reply but I cant see where it says where to look on the vin on page 3 but probably not looking properly.

On the vin Model E-JZA80-ALPVZ

ENGINE 2JZ-GTE 2997CC

Guest neilsupra1

Yes seen it now on the vin. Started looking through the paperwork I got with the car and looked through the Jap service history and spotted RZs in between all their squigles. What a donut! Should have done my homework before buying the car. But as usual I bought something with my eyes shut.

Although I bought it as it is unmodified and in near new condition throughout.

In with the paperwork was the original advert that the guy I bought it from had put in from Jap Village as a GZ and he advertised it as a GZ.

Never mind does it really matter !

The reason for asking for help with this question was that I am going to sell it and wanted to make sure of the model.

Guest neilsupra1

Ok thanks.

Any thoughts people on its value ?

so RZs 1996/97 not sure.

Gunmetal grey MINT

Looks new

Unmodified 52500 miles

Fog light intergrated, full leather, air con, 5 dials, full uk service history, and Jap history, never driven in the wet, kept under bespoke cover, done less than 1000 a year. £ 1000 s worth of sounds. Traction control snow mode. Lexus gs300 alloys quite rare wheels I think. The guy I bought it off did 6 miles in 3 years and kept it garaged and covered. It is MINT once again.

When people ask me how old the car is they cant believe its condition.

Guest neilsupra1
Ok thanks.

Any thoughts people on its value ?

so RZs 1996/97 not sure.

Gunmetal grey MINT

Looks new

Unmodified 52500 miles

Fog light intergrated, full leather, air con, 5 dials, full uk service history, and Jap history, never driven in the wet, kept under bespoke cover, done less than 1000 a year. £ 1000 s worth of sounds. Traction control snow mode. Lexus gs300 alloys quite rare wheels I think. The guy I bought it off did 6 miles in 3 years and kept it garaged and covered. It is MINT once again.

When people ask me how old the car is they cant believe its condition.

Also how do I stick a pic of my beauty on here ?