The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1UZ thoughts

steady_dave

I'm hoping to make my return to the Supra world any day now, and i've been looking around and have become more and more intrigues with the idea of swapping the 2JZ out for a 1UZ...but I wouldn't know where to start.

Where would you even get one from?

Any advice on how much effort and time this would take as well would be grately appreciated.

Thank you

It's still for sale and I have enquired, but as I have not got the money right now to invest and I feel it may be sold before I do, I was just enquiring how to go about this.

Does anyone know where you can pick these engine's up? keron maybe? Or is it just a case of keeping your eyes open and getting lucky?

It's still for sale and I have enquired, but as I have not got the money right now to invest and I feel it may be sold before I do, I was just enquiring how to go about this.

Does anyone know where you can pick these engine's up? keron maybe? Or is it just a case of keeping your eyes open and getting lucky?

I'd try Jurgen also, maybe there is some engine conversions going up there in Japan complete with adapter plate an all. Anyway good luck in your search:)

You start by buying a V8 Soarer and go from there. That way you get the right engine, engine mounts and ancillary bits that should just bolt into the Supra engine bay.

If you want a manual then this complicates things but a Hybrid TT Auto would make a decent alterative (a Six speed gettag being upwards of £2500 these days it's cheaper too)

The only tricky bit is the engine loom to chassis conversion but that is something I can do for you.

Lyndon.

I'm hoping to make my return to the Supra world any day now, and i've been looking around and have become more and more intrigues with the idea of swapping the 2JZ out for a 1UZ...but I wouldn't know where to start.

Where would you even get one from?

Any advice on how much effort and time this would take as well would be grately appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

The one for sale is definitely the cheaper route. Don't for one minute think it's a case of just buying a soarer and swapping parts over, it's not just the buying the engine and dropping it in. My conversion has cost more than the price of that car for sale, it's a nice car too, oh and I did the wiring on it!

My conversion to date has cost 4k to do things properly, and that's just bits to get it to fit properly.

Edit:

Also note they don't sell when you want rid of them, there's been some on here that sit for ages!

Edited by ugp (see edit history)