2x 12" alpine type d subs

A big nos bottle

2x ken wood amps

2x sony explode subs as well

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just a taster and yes there is 6 subs that fit in and gona sit higher than that another 2 inch ish up looks mint

Edited by neil (see edit history)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol is this a joke? Just where are you gunno find the room for 6 subs let alone the enclosure volume. Thats like 30cubic ft lol. Save the hassle and put your cash in to one good sub like DD or AA that will sound alot clearer and louder then all that stuff mate.

This. The cubic volume for this would be immense. Two 12" and two 10" might be achievable, if you do a rear seat delete, and section of each sub for its own volume. But even that would be pushing it.

I don't know why you want more than 2 subs anyway? With a good set up, that is set up correctly, you can get awesome sound with 2 10" subs. That's what I have, and the bass is immense when turned up. It's that good, that I can't even turn it right up, because it makes my brain rattle in my skull, and that's with mediocre kit (Fli audio).

Go for 2 12" subs at the most, correct volume box, good amp, with the set up done by someone who knows what they are doing. Use good quality cabling and wiring, and you're onto a winner.

By the way, the wiring you get with the speakers/subs is rubbish, made at cost. Get something from a car audio store instead.

I'm pretty sure he meant, 'maybe' 2 Sony amps not subs. So 4 subs, 4 amps, do able but a waste IMO no offence, simply not enough room for the subs to breath and stretch their legs, I had 2 x 12" dual magnet pioneers 750watt rms each I think, with a massive mono block amp. Was louder then my mates 4x12" kicker L7 sub setup. You will be shocked out how some small subs can out class larger competition. Those vibe 7" subs are unreal.

I got all subs on cheap for a good price with amps ect and think I'm gona go with te 15 and 12 with the nos bottle in the middle see how it works !

Is that one 15 and one 12? Or two of each? Two of each will be massively overwhelming and require a seat delete. Even then you will be pushing it to get the correct volume for the subs.

Keeping rear seats and the way I'm mounting them make a lot of room tbh

Get pics up later on today if I get time if not deffo tmoz as will be doing some more to it and thanks John and adnanshah247

And yes 2 off each mate gona be a tight fit

You'll never get the box volume for all that to sound good mate. Seriously.

I had 2 10" subs with 2 coaxials in a boot install, and even that was pushing it.

I just can't see it working the way you want it.

Plus, with all that under the boot glass, you turn it up too high, and it COULD break the glass.

Just something else to think about.

Also, with a bit of quick maths (not 100% accurate, as I can't find the docs with the ratios on it) for all those subs, you would need circa 36 cubic feet for the box.

With some rough maths again, the supra boot, from the top of the back seats, to the back of the boot and across, would be around 18 cubic feet, plus the spare wheel enclosure, makes *roughly* 22 cubic feet.

Good luck though.

Edited by listy (see edit history)

You'll never get the box volume for all that to sound good mate. Seriously.

I had 2 10" subs with 2 coaxials in a boot install, and even that was pushing it.

I just can't see it working the way you want it.

Plus, with all that under the boot glass, you turn it up too high, and it COULD break the glass.

Just something else to think about.

Good luck though.

Should be all right mate I no there ain't enough space mainly looks and should sound good with no glass

And thanks mate if you see me at a show with it in come have a chat can show of you lol

Should be all right mate I no there ain't enough space mainly looks and should sound good with no glass

And thanks mate if you see me at a show with it in come have a chat can show of you lol

If its mainly for looks, I don't know why you don't do a simple 2 sub install, and make it look great.

Sometimes, less is more ;)

See how it gos it's all gona be raised 2 ich if not more 1 inch away from the glass

Again, I'd be worrying about the glass. Even more so with that info.

I'm not saying what I am to try and put you down or anything mate, but I've now done over a dozen boot builds for various cars, and the sound is as much to do with the correct power, amps, settings, box volume, as it is with the subs themselves.

I really do think you will struggle to get a good sound with all that.

Are you planning on sectioning off the individual subs within the box? As that's a lot of sound to be bouncing off each other, and if they aren't sectioned off, will create reverberations off each others sound waves.

I had an astra coupe and had just enough box volume for 1x 18" sub. The supra isalot smaller inside.The only way you will get the benifit from it is walling them off and fibreglassing the rear off the wall to the exact shape of the rear of the car with bracing all round. Even then you will have to tune high like 50hz to get minimum port displacment for more box volume.

• 2 months later...