The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for some help in the midlands area :D

scott87

Im looking to see if there is anyone in the midlands area that would be willing to help me out with a days mechanical work. I can come to you with tools or vice versa although my garage is without electricity which could cause a problem.

I am basically in need of some work done and cant afford both jobs to be done at a garage, one of which is the clutch which im not confident changing on my drive anyway.

The second and work im asking for help with (as ive never done it on a Supra), is changing the water pump and i guess the timing belt whilst im there, Im assuming its around 3-4 hours work but correct me if im wrong. So if there is a lovely person out there willing to help i can ply with beers for the trouble, once the work is done else it could go terribly wrong :p

I live in Coventry so can travel.

Ok ive now been told that i shouldn't worry about my water pump having covered 100,000miles and should just change it when my timing belt needs doing.

So this now means the job i need doing is changing the rocker gasket and bleeding the brakes. Again looking for some help as i dont have a garage the Supra will fit in, nor does it have electricity.

So either way looking for help with much simpler job this time (Unless someone comes along screaming that 100k is far too many miles on the pump)