The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Invoice from Garage Part 2

_Shane_

To be honest, I would have removed it from there a long time ago. You can't leave it there for them to work on and then complain about the bill increasing? We managed to sum up their level of incompetence in the last thread.

I just asked for the cams / intake manifold / cam pulleys to be fitted and was quoted

This is a quote i got in an email from them before i delivered car

Fit HKS 264 cams - Est 4 hours

Fit Intake manifold and 80mm tb - Est 3 hours

Battery relocated to the boot of the supra ( I have cabling and battery tray for this ) - Est 2 hours

Mapping - £450

Labour charged @ £50 per hour

Edited by _Shane_ (see edit history)

Legally the garage have a financial interest in the vehicle for the work carried out. There have been some historic cases of owners of cars being prosecuted for taking their own cars.

I had similar problems and ended up having to swallow a rather nasty bill just to get my car back from someone who had been sub contracted.

The whole thing is a nightmare as it crosses criminal and civil law.

Suggest you call trading standards as a matter of priority as some of my knowledge could be quite historic.

Don't leave it any longer though. In my case both garages went into bankruptcy before I could seek civil redress, leaving me with a car not fit for the road and only just back on the road after 2 years and another £2k spent on it!

If the veh is in a uk based garage locate the nearest trading standards office to it! Don't turn up and just take the vehicle. Worst case scenario will see you nicked. Do try and seek legal advice if trading standards can't help. Do stop the garage from undertaking any further work without your consent.

If you do need or feel the need to remove the vehicle, serve a notice on the garage outlining the fact that you are removing it and dispute the sums owed.

Good luck, but dont leave it like I did!

Legally the garage have a financial interest in the vehicle for the work carried out. There have been some historic cases of owners of cars being prosecuted for taking their own cars.

I had similar problems and ended up having to swallow a rather nasty bill just to get my car back from someone who had been sub contracted.

The whole thing is a nightmare as it crosses criminal and civil law.

Suggest you call trading standards as a matter of priority as some of my knowledge could be quite historic.

Don't leave it any longer though. In my case both garages went into bankruptcy before I could seek civil redress, leaving me with a car not fit for the road and only just back on the road after 2 years and another £2k spent on it!

exact same thing happed to me 5 years ago! It left me with a car that was not fit for the road! and it affected my financial life untill around 4 months ago! as ive just paid off the loan i had to get to fetch me a road worthy car.

long story short, it cost me £17,000 :(