The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to these forums, From supraforums.com.au

king hit kiz

Thanks mate well i kind of do, just that i have my p plates for another 2 and a half years which means no turbo :/ so i was thinking is it worth doing a 6 speed conversion and then being ready for a GTE to drop in when i get off my p plates or just to sell this after and get a clean RZ but i just think i will get heaps attached to this car for having it for three years. :/

• 6 months later...

Hey guys and girls, Thought i would do a write up about my Supra haven't been on here since.... Well a long time.

Was stock as a rock besides some coilovers and some aftermarket wheels and also too a bloody pod filter.

So i drove up to Sydney to inspect it and had it looked over by a mechanic and it had some really minor things wrong, such as the brakes, boot rattling, pinhole in welsh plug, damage to the skirts and the boot plastics being scratched and it all being empty besides the spare Tyre with shit carpet on it, but i was happy with it all and talked him down to $7200. So i ended up driving home in my new Supra :hihi:

Was quite a surprise driving and being so happy at the same time and also to for it being a N/A it has alot of power compared to a commodore which i found out by going through a roundabout in the rain on the way home :/ and also to having a rock flick up and crack abit of the windscreen was not a happy thing to happen on the way home but overall i was just stunned getting home and having a supra in my driveway and i am glad to be part of the Supra community :)

Model:

Sz-R

Year:

Trans:

5Spd (Now 6 Speed)

Color:

White

Suspension Mods:

Tein Coilovers

Things done to the car so far:

20% Tint all round

TRD 320km Speedo (Thanks to TRD88)

TRD Wing C/f blade and caps

Black 17inch rims with 4 new tyres

Stock Airbox back in (Thanks to Daddio)

Supra bright White led's - Dash, Rear number plate and parkers.

Sprayed the dash white

Now has the ashtray

12inch Sub in the boot

Amp install

Supra clock face plate

Supra stainless steel aircon surrounds

New Windscreen

New brake pads and one rotors replaced and all four machined

Series 2 taillights

Veil Side Skirts

Carbon Fibre Glove Box Gauge Cover (50mm) with just a water temp, oil pressure and Volts.

MVP Lip (Installed)

Complete 2.5inch system to a Xforce Cannon

Series 2 Front Indicators

100k Service Parts

V161 Conversion kit

Brand New Oem Clutch & Flywheel

A03B Diff

Future Mods:

Glass headlights

TRD - 10k Tach

TRD - Strut Brace

Carbon Fibre Cooling Panel

TRD - Radiator Cap

TRD - Oil Filler Cap

And some other things eventually :)

Organised a cruise for Putty Rd and couldn't of done it without Alex (Skaife25) and had a good turn out over 20 supra's.

Few pics of my car on the way home thanks to Damian and his mate !

Installed Gauge pod

Finally got around to doing my exhaust

Picked Up a Nice Conversion Kit from Moe (Japp_Imports) Great guy to deal with as always :) and wish my backyard looked like his !

All ready for the trip home !

Basically all laid out in the garage

And just a Picture of the Famous Box

Okay so another post for you guys.

Spoke to James Pogson at Gameon Motorsports and had quite a few chats with him on what to do and what to get for all the work I need to be done and knew that this legend of a bloke had to be the guy to do my work ! So I was all booked in with him to get all the work to my car done.

So a brand new Dual Mass flywheel and Stock 6 speed Clutch and a Brand new OEM stock 6 speed shift Knob were ordered for a great price :)

100k service parts were all ordered from Curt from Elmhurst Toyota :)

List:

1 x Drive Belt

1 x Timing Belt

1 x Fuel Filter

1 x Oil Filter

1 x timing belt tensioner bearing

1 x Timing Belt Tensioner

1 x Drive Belt Tensioner

1 x Water Pump

1 x Thermostat

1 x Harmonic Balancer

2 x Cam seals

1 x crank seal

1 x Rear Main Oil Seal

1 x Spark plug leads

6 x Spark Plugs

2 x Timing belt covers

1 x 6MT Seal, Input

1 x 6MT Seal, Output

1 x 6MT Seal, Shifter

1 x Speed Meter Sensor. O-ring

While waiting for them to come I got a nice lovely RBT on the way home from work. Knowing my luck was a female cop and she was not in a good mood with me being as nice as I could be after a 12hour shift, so anyways long story short after her checking under my bonnet and checking the front tyres (She thought it was a FWD :dunno:) I got a defect to be cleared withing 48hrs for No horn, aftermarket exhaust and car to low :rolleyes:

Next day visited my mechanic an just put in it for a couple of hours and free of charge my defect my cleared :wink:

A few days later came home from Tafe to see a slip at the door from the mail man and knew it was my 100k service parts :D Curt did a great job on packing it all postage was quicker than was surposed to be.

After that came I went down to the local Repco store to get all my fluids and then relised I had forgotten the gearbox fluid and needed decent diff fluid so a quick call to Castle Hill Toyota and they were on the way and arrived the next day :)

- - - Updated - - -

So after having everything I needed the car was ready to goto Gameon Motorsports. Dropped my car off on the 7th of Feb, it was a Thursday Afternoon due to having no other days early than that free to do so but I was happy with that :)

Fist James decided to do the gearbox first and do the rear main seal so after doing so I was left with this:

Looks like it has never been touched before and showing how bad the car was due for its 100k service.

With James Magic it was looking like new:

Then the flywheel was to be attached:

While James was doing the seals on the Gearbox he noticed the input selector seal was pushed in too far and had to rip open the box. Looks dam clean inside !

Getting ready to be put in:

Then got sent a picture that night showing how clean a brand new shift knob is:

Engine being all pulled apart for everything to be done:

Starting to be put back together:

photo5_zpse719ef4d.jpg Photo by King_Hit_Kiz | Photobucket

On Sunday it was all done but I had forgotten the Rocket Cover Gaskets (Silly me) so they arrived on Monday and A quick trip to James and in no time they were changed !

The car was all done within a couple of hours just doing some finishing touches and helping me install the rest of my gauges to there sensors that have been put in place.

After the drive home thought to check the engine bay and noticed we hadn't of tightened up a clamp so a pink/red theme was added to my engine bay :p

After tightening up it was all good and has been for over a week now, but the top hose does need to be replaced.

But other than that I have been over the top with everything that has been done !

Big thanks to James Pogson, the quality work Gameon Motorsports has done and how quick it was done was spectacular ! Would recommend him to anyone who needs work done to their car. Top Bloke !

This then arrived two days before the annual Hallys birthday Cruise:

Quick trip up to James and it was put on with help of him :)

Recently just attended the Entrance Cruise and heres just a photos showing we had a decent amount of people showed up:

imageimage

Someone say white supra :p

Lined up perfectly:

How my car sits now:

Then the day after my series 2 front indicators came late, should of been here a couple of days earlier but that can't be helped.

Picture of comparison:

Both on:

Another post.

Got some clear side indicators, makes the car look much better to look at from a distance !and yes the car needs a wash... But the weather has been horrible lately.

Also got a new air freshener and a sticker from the last Mega Meet.

So I finally got around to paying my membership for the NSW supra club.

Got two nice stickers for the rear quarter windows and a nice t-shirt :p

Also painted my windscreen wipers with matt black !

And did a quick trail on my shifter surround & ashtay (which turned out mint) and am defiantly doing the whole dash soon !

Got a nice rare steering wheel to add to the goodies of the car :)

Also a sneak peak of some seats I got, now just waiting for the rails to arrive.

Changed my radiator hose finally ! and put some more parts on order !

Got more things done to the car:

Got some Brand new oem Weathershields :) (Can source some if people are interested)

Genuine

Those instructions....

Left side

Right side

Clean Series 2 carpet :)

photo3-2_zps21436817.jpg Photo by King_Hit_Kiz | Photobucket

Shot of cockpit without seats

Recaro's in with bride rails

Now also thought i'd throw in this picture...Always seeing this car around :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Did the LED a/c conversion today, everything turned out really well except for when I put it all back in relised I used the wrong resistor on the top led strip and some smoke action happened and then they shorted... Will fix it up another day :rolleyes:

Also love the new buttons :D

Also did my clock and odo :)

Lights off:

photo4-2_zps03389051.jpg Photo by King_Hit_Kiz | Photobucket

Lights on:

Whats the BIG 'P' on that car and yours next to the reg? Surely not provisional licence!? Learners in a Supra :-)

Yeah it's for a provisional driver :(

Where did you source the weathershields from? And how much are they? Been after some for AGES!!!!!!

I have a source over in Japan, I get a fair few goodies from :) and they are $270 AUD (pretty expensive) But yeah there discontinued and rare as hen's teeth.

Welcome to the forum! Liking that you are going GTE and V161 - good moves :)

Shame that the wind deflectors are so expensive - I've been on the look-out for a driver one for a while having had a passenger only for a while now! Though in saying that, I don't know if I'd end up fitting them or not? :)

Whats the BIG 'P' on that car and yours next to the reg? Surely not provisional licence!? Learners in a Supra :-)
Aussie drivers are restricted for a couple of years after passing their tests. I'm not sure if it's different from state to state, but IIRC it's stuff like no forced induction, no V8s, power to weight ratio limits.

Mods are also restricted in Oz, unlike here, hence the defect notice for the car being too low. I think the minimum ground clearance is 100mm (4 inches). There are rules about the difference in wheel size from standard, and on the size of engine for transplants (no SB Chevy engines in Fiat 126s), for example, and stuff like the car has to have engineering approval if there is more than one modification to the induction system.

We really have it easy (at the moment). :)

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

Welcome to the forum! Liking that you are going GTE and V161 - good moves :)

Shame that the wind deflectors are so expensive - I've been on the look-out for a driver one for a while having had a passenger only for a while now! Though in saying that, I don't know if I'd end up fitting them or not? :)

Thanks man :)

Yeah I know ! Yeah mate has the exact same problem as that lol, and you would want too :p

Aussie drivers are restricted for a couple of years after passing their tests. I'm not sure if it's different from state to state, but IIRC it's stuff like no forced induction, no V8s, power to weight ratio limits.

Mods are also restricted in Oz, unlike here, hence the defect notice for the car being too low. I think the minimum ground clearance is 100mm (4 inches). There are rules about the difference in wheel size from standard, and on the size of engine for transplants (no SB Chevy engines in Fiat 126s), for example, and stuff like the car has to have engineering approval if there is more than one modification to the induction system.

We really have it easy (at the moment). :)

This guy ^ He knows his stuff :) But it does differ from state to state and unfortunately I live in one with the rules :(

Welcome - Looks like a nice project :)

Thanks man will be a long term one but will be good :)

So I put a order for my parts for the engine, Basically did every single 100km serviceable item bar the coilpacks as I don't have $550 spare at the moment lol

Heres my list

Flywheel bolts - 8

tensioner Bolts - 2

Timing belt tensioner - 1

Crank Seal - 1

Coilpack Connectors - 6

Washer for rocket cover - 16

Rocket cover exhuast side - 1

Rocket cover intake side - 1

Oi filter - 1-

Thermostat - 1

Timing belt cover 2 - 1

Timing belt cover 1 - 1

V Belt -

Damper Bracket - 1

Damper bracket - 1

Rocket cover bolts - 12

Rocket cover nuts - 4

Fuel Filter - 1

Harmonic Balancer - 1

V belt Tensioner - 1

Tensensior bolts - 2

Tensenior bolts - 2

Tensenior bolts - 2

Tensenior bolts - 1

Tensioner bolts - 1

Tensioner bolts - 1

Tensioner assembly - 1

Tensenior bolts - 2

Spark plugs - 6

Spar plug boot - 6

crankcase front hose - 1

Crancase back hose - 1

Radiator Hose in - 1

Radiator hose out - 1

Cam seals - 2

Rear main seal - 1

Timing belt cover bolts - 16

Total cost including shipping 1G !

Still need to order a water pump and V belt absorber but think that's everything :)

Also done my heater core over the past two days, and boy what a job ! Nearly done just some finishing touches but good to have a car that looks like one again :)