The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash

cooke

I did mine not long ago. Ita a pain and requires perceverance. I sanded it off using 3M sandblaster Sandpaper. I did the gear surround, left dash panel, upper panel and centre dial panel but left the one on the right as that was in ok condition and i just painted the other panels matt black.

Why Toyota decided to do tjhis with the dash panels is beyond me.

Peter

methylated spirits mite be my best option as i dont want to damage the plastic under the rubber, im just going two keep it like that without painting of covering the pannels, i started the gear surround pannel when i posted this thread and i just scraped it off with my nail and hot soapy water and im only done now. I hate the stuff lol its a nightmare.

can i ask how the clock an heater controls come apart form the center dash

methylated spirits mite be my best option as i dont want to damage the plastic under the rubber, im just going two keep it like that without painting of covering the pannels, i started the gear surround pannel when i posted this thread and i just scraped it off with my nail and hot soapy water and im only done now. I hate the stuff lol its a nightmare.

can i ask how the clock an heater controls come apart form the center dash

Screws in be hind,just pull the fan & heater nobs of the front

Guest version30

When I did mine I used oven cleaner. Cif I think. Leave on 30 mins then use a green pad to wipe off. Really easy and the green pad scourers the plastic just enough for the primer to get a good grip on the plastic.