The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lambo doors

GeordieSteve

Guest Dan Norton

The thing is tho (sorry to anyone thats got them), but i think lambo doors will date as quick as what tsw venom alloys did a few years ago.

I think its one of those mods that we disapear as quick as it has arrived:confused:

Dunno if anyone agrees with me :(

Dan!!

I think you might find that, like CJ's kit a while back - the cost may only be £600 now

BUT

they are not Supra specific (actually Honda Civic fitments) - have loads of welding / cutting and fitting to do - with no guarantee to the end result

Last quote for these was about £500 work (12 hours+) to get them on after - with no guarantees? I was speaking to someone who had it done and has had to do loads of remedial work to the frame following a 'cheap' install!

If you must get them (and i certainly will!!) then IMHO only go for those made for the supra and not a 'fudge' - more expensive to start maybe - but an extra £500 for peace of mind??

YPCYPT

:thumbs:

Guest Dan Norton

Deffinatly agree there, if you are gonna do such a radical job, then do it with the best kit available....some of the lambo door conversions i have seen have been shocking to be quite honest.......with doors not opening at the proper angles, or not high enough etc etc...looks daft when you have to bend your way round the door to get in your car....not quite as cool then :sly:

Dan!!

Originally posted by keron

they are specifically for the supra!!!

bolt on kit.

if anyone wants any, pm me.

Who makes them?

If specifically for the supra I am sure that they will have done some already - do they have any finished cars done/adverts etc etc

Any pics / testemonials?

:confused: :thumbs:

Originally posted by keron

"oh and a set of Kerons ready made supra specific lambo door kits...!!"

i aint got them. personally i dont like them or neons! but i have a contact who has the kits :D

Dont want to take away any business from you - but there must be a named maker / details / installs / pics that can be sent

Otherwise how can anyone see that they are made for the supra?

:confused:

like i said before i dont know what the quality is like. people usually charge about £1200 for a kit usually that cant cost more than £50 to make! so once people see the kits, they must be duplicating them and selling them for a lot less to gain customers and charge a more reasonable price. after all...all it is, is a couple of hinges and a couple of lifters! the guy told me that they are also made to be alot stronger than the original hinges?

pm me if your interested and i'l pass you his info on.