The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jz querey

paul21uk

It seems to long mate I've only got like 30%throttle as the rest of it taking up the slack that's what Keron said anyways and don't seem to get the second turbo spooling. Also have some quite excessive smoke but was thinking that its still bedding in after 100miles am I right in saying that as I have all new internals piston rings etc any help would be much appreciated thanks

I e sorted the cable mate thanks and as for the smoke I believe it's the valve stem seals but I'm just wondering why I ain't getting any positive boost would this be normal if my stem seals or knacked as the compression would be lower than normal I've had it to 4000 rpm I hear the first turbo spool but there's no noticeable boost any help or explanation would be great

So your running the 1JZ and stock turbo's, if so you wont feel any second turbo as they are not sequential like the 2JZ.

Both turbo's come on together and run out of puff at about 6k, as they are very small.

As for the smoke it should only really smoke on startup if its the valve stem seals, if its smoking under load then id say you have more problems, best thing to do is a compression test to make sure your rings are good.

A decent rebuild shouldnt smoke at all so id be taking it easy until you have sorted out the smoke.

It may very well be the turbos as unfortunatly they are the weakest part of the 1jz and if they have blown then its cheaper to go single as second hand units are abused and old these days.

Pm me if you want anymore info as i have quite abit of experiance with these 1JZ's now as ive rebuilt my own and in the process of building a monster 1JZ.

i think its my turbos mate as i have all new internals and uprated as the head gasket ws cooked when i brought the engine so done a full strip down and rebuild with all new internals. i use a shed load of oil i used like 5 liters since saturday and thats driving it home 60 miles and to work 5 miles its all in the exhaust really bad and as i aint touching any pos boost im guessing turbos as am i right in saying that the H/G takes some major abuse to blow if so the turbos would be completly mashed so just starting to piece togoether a bog standard single.....

T61 turbo

japspeed mani

tial 45mm W/G

DP???

oil line kit??? want good reliable as dont want any fires :( suggestions??

will worry about the rest later on just wanna eliminate things before i start splashing on ecus etc

- - - Updated - - -

had keron look over it and do the loom wiring so i wouldnt have thought a split hose

Boost leak? Split hose etc.