The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice Please - Drop-in Injectors for J-spec BPU++ on Syvecs

Sheefa

All,

I have subsequently found out that the injectors are standard 440cc in my J-spec.

Hybrid Turbos are boosted to 1.2 and according to the Austec Dyno are making 460bhp (?)

The car is going to Lee P @ SRD on 19th November for complete Syvecs install and I need to know what options I have.

Should I stick with the standard 440's and limit boost to 1.2 with a base map?

Or can anyone recommend some decent 650 side feed drop in injectors, I assume I will need an upgraded fuel rail and new Bosch or Twin Walbro pump?

Could get more costly.......

Thanks ;)

Greg

Plan ahead matey, so depends if your going single in future etc.

id go with

drop in 800's

Bosh044 or walbro 450(lee can supply both)

Standard fuel system is enough

TCC mode and mapped on the syvecs

And watch your face explode when you hit warp speed on that

You don't have to go with a new fuel rail - when I first went with bigger injectors, I had some drop in 800's and they went on a stock rail.

I'd get some 800's or 650's if possible. The only alternative then, if you can't get them, would be a new fuel rail and probably some ID1000's.

There's always some 800's floating around somewhere.

Thanks Geo and Johnny - good place to get injectors ? I suppose I'll go with 800's depending on cost. What would the rough duty cycle be on those? Possible overkill as I'd only be going small single when I bite the bullet later on.......maybe!

I'll ask Lee to supply and fit uprated pump.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Greg

Thanks Geo and Johnny - good place to get injectors ? I suppose I'll go with 800's depending on cost. What would the rough duty cycle be on those? Possible overkill as I'd only be going small single when I bite the bullet later on.......maybe!

I'll ask Lee to supply and fit uprated pump.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Greg

on my last car i had 800 drop in's and there was still plenty life left in them, the turbo maxed out before the injectors so 800's are plenty bud, always good to have that little bit extra duty left for peace of mind. :D you dont wana max them out

I love this forum. Rob, Geo, Nic and Johnny - thank you.

Nic - how much could you supply them for mate?

I've got my eye on Siemens DEKA 850CC Low impedance injectors and a HKS fuel rail. Been advised that I'd probably need a Fuel Regulator too?

Have a look at the Sard 650's mate, I'm doing pretty much the same as you in terms of setup and that will be my route.

Interested in the PE's Nic mentioned though, didn't know about them.

Budz - pm me as I may be upgrading to 800's so my sard 650's could be available

:rolleyes:

Speak to Ryan about injector size, 650cc is enough to support a 61-67mm single turbo, 800cc would be overkill with hybrid turbos, they'd need to be run at low duty levels which could make them difficult to accurately control.

Thanks Nic.