The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help - identifying Hybrid Turbos

Sheefa

All,

Purchase Jame's car a few weeks back.

It has Hybrid Turbo's installed and makes 460bhp as per Dyno at Austec.

James confirmed it had steel blades but unsure what the bearings were.

Would you say it is potentially "safe" to run these at 1.3 bar as I am having Syvecs installed or should I stick with a more conservative 1.2 bar.

Lee at SRD will be supplying and installing everything.

Advices awaited.

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg, the mapper would be the best person to advise about boost pressures. Does the car have the fuel system to support 1.2bar-1.3bar?

The other thing to consider is the life of the hybrid turbos, it's common for them to suffer with premature bearing/seal wear.

Thanks all.

Yes Johnny I'll see what Lee and Ryan come up with. I'd be happy with 460bhp still at 1.2 as hear it's like a small single in well mapped TTC mode. Traction control and all the other safety features have sold Syvecs to me. :)

Youll probably have bump up the base fuel pressure or run bigger injectors to get that mate.

Ahh good question.

Well I have the dyno printout from Austec Racing that shows 460bhp and 481lb torque so I assume it must have 550's in?!

The Apexi Fuel Controller was set up by AFR (Austec) so surely it's running spot on.

Full specs here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?277875-1995-Toyota-Supra-Twin-Turbo-RZ-S-6-Speed-BPU-with-Hybrids

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)