The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Horn wire...

add heywood

If you were to take off a steering wheel, unclip the horn wire that connects to the steering wheel, and then touch the wire to the steering column should the horn go off..? I have a new boss and steering wheel and cant get my head round how to wire the push button. Checked the fuse and thats fine...

The Supra horn operates when the one wire is earthed, so it will only need one.

The feed coming out to the button just requires a ground, the button just completes the circuit, you can normally ground 1 side of the button to the wheel hub if you get my meaning. (The horn I have is self grounding, hence the one connection)

http://www.rhdjapan.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/18856/Image/Normal/Image3.jpg

Sorry guys, wrong section. Was on about my mr2. Although it sounds the same setup... This is what I have just posted on imoc...

So I got a new boss that has the cut out for the horn connector, went to fit today and I cant get the horn to work. I have taken the old wheel off, cut the wire that was attached to the metal under the original horn push...

The new wheel has a horn push with 2 spade connections on it. So am I roght in thinking one is connected to the original wire that is stll there, and the other needs to be earthed on the steering column...?

The thing that is confusing me is that I thought the horn would sound by just touching the wire to the steering column (to complete the circuit), but nothing happens....

Checked the fuse and all is well (hazards still work and its off the same fuse), thing is I cant think if the horn worked before i took the old wheel off.

Is this way of wiring right...?