The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not a supra owner but a curious mr2 owner!

Guest The-Band!t

Guest The-Band!t

hey guys :)

im just on having a poke about the forum i currently was just after buying a mk2 mr2 with a full history and in good condition. Id say some day i plan to get myself a supra in the future but while im a uni student the mr2s a bit more wallet friendly lol

here's a pic although its a bit in the dark, it's a colour called goodwood green not too many of them about

wee interior shot, leathers probably the best condition ive seen in some mr2s

history and stuff

but yeh im just having a nosey about and who knows maybe some day i'll keep myself a supra :cool:

hope to hear from you all :)

I converted from MR2's to the Supra and i too was a uni student when i did so. I had all service history from new on my mr2, over 150 sheets of receipts etc for it. Tbh the only thing i notice is that i spend a little bit more on fuel. Not a great deal though as i dont have to push the Supra as hard to go fast.

The build quality between the too is pretty wide as well. I mean the mr2 is built well, but since working on the Supra its a world away. Yer parts may be expensive for it but they will last longer than the mr2. Its also a lot easier to work on making labour cheaper if you dont do the work yourself.

Edited by scott87 (see edit history)

I used to have MR2 but mine was a 3.0 quad cam 32v 1MZ-FE. Best sports car I ever owned. Your Mr2 looks like a mint Rev4 and yes your leather is second only to a mint Rev5 I once drove while working for Rogue Motorsport.

While I have a supra being built for drifting/track use I'd never get another Supra for road use, but I'd have another mr2 in a heart beat :D

Lyndon.

Guest The-Band!t

Thanks for all the comments guys :)

nice to see some past mr2 owners :cool: , i plan in a year or so to either turbo engine swap my 2 or get a na supra and do a slow project making it turbo lol

Guest Deriick

I`m currently in the process of selling my mr2 turbo for a supra :)

Mr2s are very good if you like the `rawness` feeling it gives you! But you can't really compare a supra or the mr2 because the supra is in a whole different league!

Guest The-Band!t

yeh thats what i like about the mr2 it's raw and the turbo's off the line performance is hard to beat :) , ive one more year after this so thats my plan get payed for doing a phd all being well or try and get full time hours at my part time job for the time being and save what pennys i can now lol

Guest The-Band!t

yeh well there different cars, no doubt the supra is more refined than the mr2 and has better tuning abilities but i love the 2 for the way it drives and your seating position :p

but definitely when the money is there supra it will be :D

Guest The-Band!t

yeh a gen 3 mr2 engine with some exhaust/induction mods and a boost controller and you can reach near 300hp on the cheap plus with the mr layout give you plenty of fun :)

I own both, although the Supra is a bit special. Bought the mr a couple of weeks ago to throw around track. They are 2 completely different cars. The mr is pretty nippy but really does run out of grunt 3rd gear upwards, it is quite raw in its drive, the Supra being much more elegant. Stepping up to a Supra is a big leap in all aspects (TT not N/A though :p).

Guest Deriick
Just remember if you want to hit over 300bhp its cheaper in the mr2! Crazy as it sounds but you can get to those figures for mighty low money. Unless you grab a super duper uber bargain stock tt supra.

Hmmmm normally i would agree but i spent about 3K to get mine to 257 bhp with 260ft/lb with a weight of 997kg! It can get from 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds but runs out of grunt after 110 mph ... It was manily built for up to 100 mph.

But im realy feeling for a white supra, just the style, comnfort and build quality ... I cant wait :D

Mr2 is fun, but i see it as trackday fun! :)

3k to get a standard mr2 turbo from 230bhp to 260bhp :blink: That is expensive. Or was the majority spent on weight loss?

The main thing i miss with the mr2 is the feeling of the engine being right behind you, made it seem faster than it was.

Bloody hell! My seconds MR2, the Rev 3, was £500 exhaust + 2.5" decat, £350 for CC and Rad, £1100 ECU + boost. That was running 289bhp at 1.2 bar. Epic in first three gears.

Bloody hell! My seconds MR2, the Rev 3, was £500 exhaust + 2.5" decat, £350 for CC and Rad, £1100 ECU + boost. That was running 289bhp at 1.2 bar. Epic in first three gears.

Mine was near identical expect i 2.2 strokered and was hitting around 330. Great until my turbo went and i had no money :( But i still prefer the sub 240bhp my na supra has :D

Guest The-Band!t

although stock for stock the mr2 will run a quicker 1/4 mile

here's a wee video and im not trying to say mr2s are better cause i love both these cars and as said they are completely different cars, mr2 rev2 with only 220hp beats loads of other jdm counterparts including an nsx, rx7, mk3 and 4 supra its actually a pretty good video