The mkiv Supra Owners Club

She's been put away for the winter....sad..!!

Havard

Gave the Supe a good going over today and put her back under cover. She has hardly spent any time under cover since May and she is still come up as clean as a whistle.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1967/p1010124dk.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8800/p1010125hf.jpg

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/636/p1010126z.jpg

Tucked away and on charge.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/5124/p1010129e.jpg

The Supe was easy compared to getting the Audi back in order. She has done around 2K miles in all weathers and she was a mess. Loads of tar on the wings on at the bottom of the doors which took some getting off. Polished a load of scratches out aswell. Tar remover is wonderful stuff.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7458/p1010128q.jpg

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3065/p1010127y.jpg

She has 5 months before she goes back to Audi as the lease is 3 years. Not sure what car to go for next. Volvo V60 and Merc C Class Estate are looking like contenders but if I can get a decent deal on another Audi then I may have another. This has been a wonderful work car, looks good, never had a day off the road and done 50K miles so far.

Obviously Vicki's car never got a look in before it went dark. That will be for next weekend, weather permitting.:rolleyes:

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Comes up really nice, its a very good looking car indeed

Do you really not use it now until the Spring, I dont have a garage so dont bother covering it up but I have found myself avoiding driving it in the wet or damp, can wait to move house and get it in a proper garage, this ones a keeper but I hate seeing it all wet and unprotected, the last cover I had rubbed the paint and caused scratches when the wind blew

Comes up really nice, its a very good looking car indeed

Do you really not use it now until the Spring, I dont have a garage so dont bother covering it up but I have found myself avoiding driving it in the wet or damp, can wait to move house and get it in a proper garage, this ones a keeper but I hate seeing it all wet and unprotected, the last cover I had rubbed the paint and caused scratches when the wind blew

It's a difficult one Dean. I have had a cover since I first got her two years ago. All I have ever noticed were a few minor scratches on the surface of the paint on the rear wings when the cover has been brought off in Feb/March. This summer she has spent the longest time ever without being covered and I don't think the car has suffered.

I usually keep her covered in the summer to keep bird kack off the car. In the winter she will get rained on for fun and I don't like the idea of the car being sat under a load of snow for any length of time. Wind is the problem and there have been a couple of times where the cover has been removed as I thought it was going to do more hamrm than good having it on. She may come out again just after Christmas if the weather is mild and the roads haven't been gritted for a while.

Come on, H... GT-R time.

That will never happen mate. They are lovely but not my style. 997TT or V8 Vantage are still favourites. We'll see after Dragonball or JAE 2013 if we fancy a change, we will have had her 3 years then too.

H.

This is up there with my favourite cars in the club, so clean & classy Paul. :cool:

Dean - Just get Stonkin to detail it and then just leave it outside. I told him mine lives outside and he said that it would be better if I didn't use the car cover I brought for her and just leave it outside. With the protection on the paint you don't need to worry, the rain drips off anyway and now it is so easy to clean!!

car looks great bud, :thumbs:

On the Audi front, i have the same car. And guess what it goes back in 5 months, and yup it also has 53,000miles on it, :rlol: Im waiting on my new log in details from Lex to start looking at new cars, we get £700 per month to choose a new car on the new scheme, we get the difference minus tax in our pockets, so im going look at going for a smaller car, as we have the Merc ML320 here for a big car. And banking the difference. :D

This is up there with my favourite cars in the club, so clean & classy Paul. :cool:

Dean - Just get Stonkin to detail it and then just leave it outside. I told him mine lives outside and he said that it would be better if I didn't use the car cover I brought for her and just leave it outside. With the protection on the paint you don't need to worry, the rain drips off anyway and now it is so easy to clean!!

Cheers Abz. Never felt like the cover has ever done any real harm and it will keep the rain and snow off it. Condensation is my only other worry but on a nice day I peel the cover off and let her breathe a bit.

Nice looking Supra mate!:thumbs:

Sad times when the cover goes on...I put mine on last week!:(

With yours being black Westy, have you had any adverse effects. I take it you get your fair share of breeze up there?

Lovely Supra you have there mate

Good timing as no doubt they will be putting salt on the roads soon

Chrome alloy killers Mike. What do you do with your car?

car looks great bud, :thumbs:

On the Audi front, i have the same car. And guess what it goes back in 5 months, and yup it also has 53,000miles on it, :rlol: Im waiting on my new log in details from Lex to start looking at new cars, we get £700 per month to choose a new car on the new scheme, we get the difference minus tax in our pockets, so im going look at going for a smaller car, as we have the Merc ML320 here for a big car. And banking the difference. :D

The company just pay ours but I have dropped our allowance for a company car from £400 to £350. All cars are on 20K miles and are not maintained by the lease company. The Mercs are looking like silly value.

I will miss the Audi as it has been a wonderful car.

H.

My car is covered in the garage mate...so no adverse effects re the wind and small scratches.;)

Aah. I really need to move house.

Having a £8K car outside is ok with a cover but if I spent £30k I would defo want it in a garage. When I did the ill fated deal for the TRD3000 I rang my dad and told him to clear out his garage as there was a car coming.

The cover can be a pain but I think the car has benefitted overall from having it. There was in the summer, what can only be described as an albatross turd landed on the cover and it would have made one hell of a mess of the paint as it stained the cover slightly being acidic.

H.

Paul, take it from me, the Mercs might be great value, but for a reason!

I have a C250d estate that is 16 months old and has been back to the dealer for 3 unscheduled visits!

An engine oil gasket went after 2 weeks, then the Dpf filter after 12 months, then a turbo pipe 2 months later!

Pretty poor for a 25k mile car that lists at £36k with the extras! Never had anything so poor.

In fact the company are so fed up I am ordering a new car this week and we will hand this back once it is 18 months old. It will be an A4!

My Sup is now tucked up for the winter too.