The mkiv Supra Owners Club

spec stage 3 clutch?

arne

ap98malcom on here had some issues with his Spec clutch..

I have the TRD single plate, no issues with it, drives like stock, pedal is a bit heavy though..

I believe Chris Wilson does a good spec for BPU..

I had issues with Competition Clutch bud.. MANY ISSUES.

My mate at that owns his own tuning workshop says to stay away from Spec clutchs..

My advice.. RPS is the one to go for

• 2 weeks later...
Do your kits come as a full kit or just the clutch plate and cover? They look very simular to the spec clutches.

I giggled... trust me, they are NOT the same, nor the same quality. They (Ours) are far better.

The kits come with the clutch disc and plate. And i am hoping to get some OEM parts in soon to also be able to provide them with stock bearing etc.

Untill that time, its up to your local mr T or other traders on here to provide, as Netherlands Toyota is a total ripoff against UK prices!!

I giggled... trust me, they are NOT the same, nor the same quality. They (Ours) are far better.

The kits come with the clutch disc and plate. And i am hoping to get some OEM parts in soon to also be able to provide them with stock bearing etc.

Untill that time, its up to your local mr T or other traders on here to provide, as Netherlands Toyota is a total ripoff against UK prices!!

Ok mate just saying they look the same thats all. I am going for a spec stage 2+ clutch for mine so was just weighing up the costs as they come as a kit. I know there used to be failures with spec clutches but have heard they are pretty good now. Would be good to know how your clutches are better and why? Maybe I will go for one of yours instead...

all i will say is, at least i warned you ;)

its not to make sure anyone wants to buy my clutches (which really is what i should be doing lol)

but i am honest about these things, and that is why i keep my customers around.

I have had quite a few customers go for the spec instead of ours, and they all end up sending me an email back, saying that it failed anyway :D

Overall the quality and build of our clutches is alot higher than those of spec or ACT.

The thickness of the pressure plates, bolts and forks is alot better.

+ they are made by a company who has been making racing clutches for over 40+ years (and own patents for their designs).

the biggest advantage for me, is that they can make anything to spec that we want.

We will allow up to setups of 800 + hp (we will be testing the first one on near 1000hp with john's..)

Anything more or which needs more discs capability, we will advise OS Giken (for who'm we are dealer)

I don't know anything about the quality or the reliability of these clutches

but Paul Whiffin has now taken on these Clutches and it's what he has recommended, a stage 3+ for my 5-speed at BPU levels

I took this on trust, as I believe Paul would not fit something he doesn't trust, hopefully this is due to the supposed better quality now

Anyway to the OP, heres his link http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?280047-Whifbitz-UK-distributor-for-Spec-Clutch

The 3+ was recommended for me, as I wanted to keep as close to the stock feel as possible

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)