The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MVP motorsport

LeeT

hello, is anyone currently placing an order or in the near future going to be placing an order with Dusty? im asking as i need a very small chip that weighs nothing but costs a fortune to send on its own. im hoping to get it thrown in with someone elses order to cut the postage cost. cheeky i know but you dont get if you dont ask:D

cheers ...lee

Originally posted by Jake

If it's that small, can't Dusty just stick it in the post? It would be like $2 and get here in a couple of days.

My GReddy boost controller was sent from Tokyo on the Friday and arrived at my place on the Monday. Cost me £10 for the postage.

apparently not. seems to be fedex at $45 or $36 for a cheaper one:(

Originally posted by tbourner

You could ask him to stick it in with mine - I'm waiting for them to get a couple of bits before he can ship it.

that would be very good of you. could you pm me your name,and details of your order so i can arrange it

cheers ...lee:thumbs:

Originally posted by Jake

He can't send it by regular post? I thought Dusty was supposed to be 'Mr Customer Service'?

mate if he cant there must be a sound reason, cos i can say from first hand experience he did all he could to help me out when sending my alloys over as cheap as possible ;)

Originally posted by qaisar

mate if he cant there must be a sound reason, cos i can say from first hand experience he did all he could to help me out when sending my alloys over as cheap as possible ;)

dusty just replied and fair play to him its down to he doesnt trust the normal postal service and does not want to risk his reputation on an order not turning up. which would then mean he would have to send another item out at his own cost

Originally posted by qaisar

Yeah it's odd. I've had small stuff (stack of 12 CDs) sent to me very cheaply by an acquaintance in Florida through the post without any problems. :shrugs:

Originally posted by leett

dusty just replied and fair play to him its down to he doesnt trust the normal postal service and does not want to risk his reputation on an order not turning up. which would then mean he would have to send another item out at his own cost

Ah OK, that makes sense. It also explains how I can get shit posted by private folks for next to nothing - they aren't running a business

Originally posted by Steve W2

Don't they offer a registered post?:conf:

Internationally? Possibly but it probably cost the same as using Fed Ex or something. Or the difference is so minimal it's not worth it I guess.

When I send stuff even in the UK there comes a point where it'd cheaper to send it by courier than guaranteed royal mail!