The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shall i make my own restrictor ring?

Guest jezza

Hi all, been having thoughts of making my own restrictor ring, my car is a jdm tt auto, i have access to a cnc plazma cutter at work,

I could make a handfull of them if anyone is interested, or do you think its a waste of time and just buy one?

the reason i was thinking of making them is you could make the 2" restictive hole a little smaller giving you less boost but with your boost controller

up it to what you want, the benifit i see is that you would see a greater range of adjustment in the boost, ie instead of 1bar to 1,2bar you could have 0.8 to 1.2

dose this make, or am i missing something???:search:

Edited by jezza (see edit history)

i think i go looking for problems somtimes lol, i made quite a few custom parts in time, my own poly bushes, camber adjusters, a new piston for my ls400 brake calipers fitted to the aristo,

but i think il buy one, waste of time making it, thanks for all your in put.:):)