The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why I broke the UK :(

RobD

Well here are some pics of the UK spec I brought a month or 2 back, everyone was saying its wrong to break but I'm hoping these pics will make you see why :(

Front sub frame rear support member

That's large pieces of rust sheets lying on top from the member!

Front slam panel/ condenser mountings

And the bottom!

Holes in both seals

Crap pic but the anti roll bar split in 2!

Rear sub frame

Rear bumper crash bar

Offside rear caliper/Hub

Rear quarter underneath the plastic trim

As you can see, it was to far gone to warrant fixing :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nasty! Bet there are some people out there though that would have done a few cosmetics and sold it on!

I heard a guy in the same town as me done exactly that a few months ago after it failed an mot because of the amount of welding required. He went and got a Stevie Wonder MOT and sold it. Not sure where the car is but if i do see it i will tell them to check it underneath.

That's why my supra never sees the rain .

My supra is out in all weathers and it's still clean underneath. God knows where that was kept looks like it was parked in the sea every night.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the rain, it's the grit-salt and water mix that is perfect for breeding rust.

Thats Rabbit breeding rust :)

The seals was due to the person fitting the skirts, apparently he jacked the car up and put axle stands on the seals where the holes are! The bloke I brought it off said when he bought it the holes you could barely put 2 fingers in ( kinky!) but 18 months later your could put a fix in ( ooer!).

He said himself that if he got them sorted straight away it would've lived on, but he knew it was destined to be broken!

The brakes was the most shocking for me though, they were gunned up by the looks of things, instead of loosing the bolt it just destroy the caliper when we came to remove them, the rest of the calipers are ok I suppose but after seeing that I didn't want them on my car and wouldn't like to sell them on as if one was weak enough to sheer in two like that I didn't want to risk them sheering whilst on someone else's car either!

And to rub salt in the wound my j-spec drivers front is binding like hell! Not impressed :(