The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Adjustable Suspension Arms

Guest ugp

I'm looking at replacing my standard suspension control arms, tie and traction rods with something aftermarket and adjustable. Does anyone have experience with different aftermarket items? Any manufacturers to avoid?

By the time I've had my stock ones cleaned and powder coated, then polybushed, it's looking cheaper to buy aftermarkets with pillow ball's.

Any thoughts or opinions much appreciated :)

Thanks

Ben

Can't see how its cheaper when you look at the price of the Ikea stuff.

Is the poly bush stuff worth fitting, just seems like a cheap alternative to buying

new o/e arms to me and if the ball joints fail you've wasted your time and money

as your back to square 1.

PHR and Titan do them but not sure if they do all the arms or if their

any good

My concern with all these custom arms with rose joints is how long they

would last, especially for rd use

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Is the poly bush stuff worth fitting, just seems like a cheap alternative to buying

new o/e arms to me and if the ball joints fail you've wasted your time and money

as your back to square 1.

I can honestly say without a doubt in my mind that if/when a ball joint fails on one of my polybushed arms I will make another one fit, somehow.

Hell, for a bit of a challenge it might even be adjustable!

Thanks guys. I was looking at the megan racing stuff, i'm looking around 700 quid to replace the lot, compared to 600 to polybush everything, then to have a balljoint fail as you guys have said. To be honest, the car gets hammered, constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all fecked already.