PDA

View Full Version : Level Up, Bangor 18th November

jim
31-10-12, 13:09
ShoWerks are running an event in the Flagship multi-storey carpark in Bangor on Sunday November 18th. It's from 3pm until 8pm, the carpark's covered so will be sheltered and there are about 200 available spaces in total. Because it's a show, cars will need to be there early to get put into their spaces, maybe arriving around 1pm. There's been quite a bit of interest so far, spaces are likely to fill up quickly. If anyone's interested in coming to show their car we could arrange a club stand and get everyone a spot together but I need to know asap so that I can reserve the space.
Jake...yours going to be ready by then? Darragh...yours still be on the road by then? Jamie, Marty, Colin? Anyone else interested?

Darragh
31-10-12, 19:41
Sounds like a plan mate this would be a nice way to finish the supra before I strip it lol I'd say Colin and Marty would be up for it

Johnny176
31-10-12, 19:58
I'd be up for this as well. It would be good to get a few together, I still haven't been to a supra meet :p

jim
01-11-12, 09:52
I'll book a 5 car stand then, anyone else interested? Going to need names and registrations but will sort that by PM when we get confirmed numbers.

Darragh
01-11-12, 17:04
Darragh

Ill text Colin and Marty here they are itching to get the cars out

suprageek
01-11-12, 17:19
ill go if i have my sup back

- - - Updated - - -

ill ask jamie, he just had his sup remapped too

JakeG
01-11-12, 18:29
Jake :eyebrows:

JakeG
02-11-12, 01:59
ill go if i have my sup back

- - - Updated - - -

ill ask jamie, he just had his sup remapped too

:)

jim
03-11-12, 11:50
Never heard that Jake...did it go while dimitri was over mapping?

JakeG
03-11-12, 11:53
Never heard that Jake...did it go while dimitri was over mapping?

jim
03-11-12, 11:59
Nightmare :(
What about yours jake, much left to sort out??

JakeG
03-11-12, 12:04
Nightmare :(
What about yours jake, much left to sort out??

Mot mate :)

(also lowering and front lip but im not too fussed about them as long as i get my baby home soon lol)

jim
06-11-12, 13:01
5 car stand booked, I've got
Jake
Marty
Colin
Darragh
Dave (suprageek)
Johnny
6 is no problem at the minute, still waiting to hear from Colin and Marty. If anyone can't make it will you please let me know as soon as poss please, there's lots of interest so far.

- - - Updated - - -

D'oh, forgot about Neil, will fire him a text to see if he's up for it too.

Darragh
06-11-12, 16:33
Ill let you no about myself the wife reminded me there is a massive night out planned the night before lol ill let you no ASAP :)

JakeG
06-11-12, 17:31
Colin is booking my mot in the morning, fingers crossed he gets a date this week or next :) i mentioned to him there today about this but he didnt say yay or ney

suprageek
07-11-12, 11:21
scrub my name off that Jim, hell not have it ready for 18th

jim
07-11-12, 13:23
Aww, gutted (was looking forward to having a look round yours) but no worries, what you getting done btw Dave?

suprageek
07-11-12, 16:53
just some bodywork mate had a wee slide in the rain and a few bit are needing repaired, this guy is v good but hes always dead busy and he makes ya wait! lol

jim
08-11-12, 11:31
Must get a chat to you about who you use and how much he charges, I put a new wing and door on mine in August (had rust on both, mine's facelift too) and had the whole side painted as well as the skirts touched up again, wheels painted and the boot smoothed. Wee kid opened his mums door as I was passing a couple of weeks ago and took the wing mirror off and left a big dent in the new door :( typical!

redsupratt6spd
11-11-12, 21:12
:):)

JakeG
11-11-12, 23:20
Shit it's self lol ?????? That's bad talk jake �� cars still running and boosting hard at the worse its a head gasket but the price you pay to get 802 bhp 1.5 bar ��

jim
12-11-12, 10:53
Still not good, but not as bad as we thought then Jamie. You coming round (you could nurse it, it's not far)?

I was in yesterday sorting out floor plans and did a test drive up and down, the ramps were no bother which was great...mine would have a hard time over quite a few speed humps.

Stephen G
12-11-12, 20:47
Must go up a run to it unfortunately it will be in the gt4 not the supra:(

JakeG
12-11-12, 22:48
Any details yet jim? Times etc

jim
13-11-12, 10:26
Arrival times will be sorted towards the end of the week Jakers, we're waiting on final numbers to sort it out. Looks like around 200 cars give or take, which is as many as we get for SW Live down at the marina, so it looks like it's going to be good. I'd say probably between half 1 and 2 for arrival, show runs from 3 - 8.
Any word whether Marty and Colin are going? I've a 5 car stand booked, but at the minute it looks like just Johnny and you, Neil said he'd try to call over, not sure about Darragh and Jamie's a doubt.

JakeG
14-11-12, 01:13
Ok, i can ask a couple of mates if the stand needs filled, one rx7 and one mkiv golf on airbags, so just let me no if theres free space

jim
14-11-12, 13:30
To be honest we've got more entries than we have room for at the minute Jake, we usually overbook by a few to account for last minute drop outs. That said, I haven't reduced the stand for MkivSupra's, so if we don't get Colin, Marty and Darragh then it's not a problem if your mates want to come bud. Just need registrations :)

Meant to say, it's 5 entry too.

jim
15-11-12, 10:21
I need to confirm and finalise the numbers today, I'm assuming Colin and Marty are out, and Darragh too? Haven't heard from Johnny since last week so I'm not 100% sure if he's going or not. Either way it might just leave you Jake...if you're happy enough I'll keep you in and if you want to invite your mates that's grand (assuming the cars are decent quality). If you decide against it's not a problem, but I need to know either way by the end of the day amigo.

JakeG
15-11-12, 11:13
I will defo be there mate, friends cars are out of action now, one airbag is leaking on the golf and the rx7 front bumper is nackered

Johnny176
15-11-12, 11:36
I need to confirm and finalise the numbers today, I'm assuming Colin and Marty are out, and Darragh too? Haven't heard from Johnny since last week so I'm not 100% sure if he's going or not. Either way it might just leave you Jake...if you're happy enough I'll keep you in and if you want to invite your mates that's grand (assuming the cars are decent quality). If you decide against it's not a problem, but I need to know either way by the end of the day amigo.

I'm still in Jim, I've been keeping an eye on this for updates just haven't been saying much :p

jim
15-11-12, 12:51
Cool :) See you both Sunday then! I'll fire up an arrival time for you tomorrow after all the numbers have been finalised, if I'm not on the gate I'll be directing cars into spaces so I'll see you when you arrive either way.

JakeG
15-11-12, 21:06
Johnny you wana meet somewhere sunday morning?

jim
15-11-12, 21:16
Flagship are insisting all cars are in by 2, i expect to be giving you a time between 12.30 and 2 if that helps with your plans :)

Stephen G
15-11-12, 22:13
Any room for my gt4 jim?

Johnny176
16-11-12, 02:06
Could do Jake, I'm from Lisburn so somewhere in Lisburn or Belfast would be handy

jim
16-11-12, 10:32
Any room for my gt4 jim?

Yes mate, I've not given away the other spaces I'd booked for our mkiv.net stand so I can put you with Jake and Johnny :) Need your reg just, and I'll post up later the arrival time.

JakeG
16-11-12, 11:28
Could do Jake, I'm from Lisburn so somewhere in Lisburn or Belfast would be handy

How does carryduff sound mate? Could just meet at brackenvale

Johnny176
16-11-12, 13:49
Could do, thats near a McDonalds? What time were you thinking? Jim said latest 2pm so be there for 1?

JakeG
16-11-12, 14:14
Yes johnny at mcdonalds, will double check with jim what time we should arive

Jim whats the score with the public at this are they going to be able to walk up and down very close to the cars? Im very particular when it comes to people near my car lol

jim
16-11-12, 14:42
There are no barriers or ropes Jakers, so nothing to stop someone walking up to the car. That said, I've got us a good spot under cover - out of around 200 spaces there are maybe 30 'inside' and ours are part of that 30. The other 170 are in the multi-storey but without a roof (there are split level roof top carparks as part of the multi-storey). You'll also be backed up against a wall so you're not sitting out in the middle where people can approach from both the front or back of the car. Should be grand ;)

The other good news is that I've got you as part of the last group to arrive, so you can turn up between 1.15 and 2.00pm (you're welcome to arrive earlier if that's easier for you all too, we'll be there from 12.00). We need to have everyone in and parked by 2 though, and it would make it a bit easier if you all arrived together but it's no big deal if you (Stephen) aren't meeting up with Jake and Johnny first.

Also, if you're thinking about eating when you meet and before you arrive, there's a cafe at the scrap yard on the Rathgael Road (right next door to Eddie Irvine's complex) that does a magic fry ;) There's also KFC, Subway, BK, Pizza etc in the Flagship itself.

Looking forward to meeting you Johnny, always interesting to see if the image in your head from the internet matches reality...I imagine you're early 20's with a spice boy thing going on :D we'll see lol!

Johnny176
16-11-12, 16:32
I like your thinking, food first :)
You could be right there Jim, complete with gelled hair and chinos :p

JakeG
16-11-12, 17:08
Sounds ok to me jim

Johnny shall we say 12.00 at mcdonalds then so we have time to go to the place jim says theres a good fry up :)

Johnny176
16-11-12, 17:22
No probs, I'll be there for 12

JakeG
16-11-12, 19:11
No probs, I'll be there for 12

See you there mate

Stephan you planning on meeting up with us?

Stephen G
16-11-12, 19:14
thats great Jim count me in aswell. Reg is L445DNX
Jake and johnny does wind if i tag along with you guys

- - - Updated - - -

just seen your post jake i can meet yous guys at carryduff aswell

jim
16-11-12, 19:15
The place at the scrap yard is called the Pit-Stop, if you're coming from Carryduff through Newtownards and on to Bangor, then you turn right at the first roundabout (there's a big office block at the roundabout) and it's 100yards up the road on the right, can't miss it. Steep ramp in though, maybe best to park at Eddie Irvines next door.

JakeG
16-11-12, 19:21
thats great Jim count me in aswell. Reg is L445DNX
Jake and johnny does wind if i tag along with you guys

- - - Updated - - -

just seen your post jake i can meet yous guys at carryduff aswell

No problem stephen see you sunday

Darragh
16-11-12, 20:20
Sadly can't make it this night out has been planned for two months and is going ahead lol so ill be in no fit state to drive the next day :(

I was thinking why don't we try and organise a road trip to Galway next year and stay the night ? A we idea I had in my head lol

JakeG
16-11-12, 20:36
Would love that darragh, galway is brilliant craic

Darragh
16-11-12, 22:10
It would be a proper supra road trip across Ireland and its all motorway :)

jim
19-11-12, 01:43
Some pics from around the forums from today, was good to catch up again although I didn't get enough time with you.

160917 160918 160919

160920 160921 160922

160923 160924 160925

160929 160927 160928

JakeG
19-11-12, 12:21
It was a cracking show jim, really enjoyed it

jim
19-11-12, 13:03
It was a long day bud, they always are - gets wild boring after you've done a couple of laps and seen all the cars. We're thinking of trimming it down to finish at 6 next year and thought a proper PA system with some music probably would have made it better. Interested in any comments/suggestions to make it better if anyone's got any :)
I love your car mate, really...it's sweet! I had a sticker for you but you drove out before I could get giving it to you bud.

JakeG
19-11-12, 13:48
Yea i left early because i got word it was starting to snow close to where i live so didnt want to get stuck, bit of music would be good yea, and i agree with trimming the time down lol the only thing i could suggest would be maybe other trophy classes, mainly one where the owners get to vote for there favourite car on show, would get the owners a little more involved if you no what i mean

jim
19-11-12, 15:43
We have toyed with that idea in the past bud, but we've been to a couple of shows that did it and it turned into a bit of a farce, ended up with people 'cheating' and making multiple votes for their own/ a mate's car, and produced some shocking winners lol. It's a good idea if it can be controlled and done right, it's just difficult to 'police'. That said, I suppose if it was kept to just the car owners at the show we could print something and hand them out at the gate when people are paying in and it could be do-able. Cheers for the input :)

JakeG
19-11-12, 17:14
Or yous could pick say the top 10 cars and then put them on paper and let the rest of the owners vote on them, the fact that most of it was covered from the rain was brilliant(including my car being dry lol) really look forward to next year

jim
20-11-12, 14:10
Another pic of Jake's :)

http://www.mkivsupras.co.uk/imports/2012/11/508.jpg

Showerks first batch of pics are now up too, more to come over the next few days:

http://www.showerks.com/site/2012/11/20/show-levelup-pictures/

I've got a few more decent pics to post from some of the other forums, I'll do it later when I get home from work :)

JakeG
20-11-12, 18:32
Love that picture jim

JakeG
23-11-12, 17:11
Im guessing theres alot more pictures to go up jim yea? Keep us posted when they go up

jim
26-11-12, 09:59
Yep, we're expecting pics from another 2 photographers Jake, been a bit of a lazy week on SW lol, there were a few late nights put in to organise the show. I've been saving any supra pics that I find, I've been meaning to post them up from the laptop, I'll sort that this week bud.

jim
26-11-12, 11:05
Just watched the first cut of our video for it, still a bit of editing to do but it's looking magic :) will post a link when it's up.

jim
26-11-12, 12:54
Next set of pics are up on Showerks :)

http://www.showerks.com/site/2012/11/26/show-levelup-pictures-2/

http://ec.cdn.cincopa.com/ShoWerks_LevelUp_2012_054.jpg?o=4&id=0&res=9019&h=hvca10tk4qzt2pmhoxv2c4pbftbonih2&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=111147&ph2=eorpfdqlbs23dumzowtoybnmxx1ai43z&d=AsDA7Ag1-DAAIWHsAYG3JEO&as=mp3