The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Was planning a single conversion, but change of plan...

Notts_TT

Hi

I was planning a single turbo conversion this winter / spring but have totally had a change of heart.

As this car is really a show car for my business I have decided to go all out with a spl audio build and compete in EMMA.

Over last year I have kept upgrading my audio, it now has;

Clarion pop out DVD cd player

2 x 12" 3000w db audio t Rex subs

4 x hertz hi energy coaxials

2 x hertz components

2400w Inphase amp

800w hertz amp for door speakers

A huge 50 farad power cap

At the moment the audio is out of this world but at shows we like to have boot open and the music playing, really attracts people to the stall...

But!!! It doesn't throw music from the car brilliantly, sounds awesome inside though....

So here's my plans...

2 x atomic 15" subs apex 15... 25 000 w in 3 second burps :blink:

atomic amp d5000.1 5000wrms

Add 2 more sets of hertz components in front doors

A set of vibe black death 6x9s in boot, hidden....

Another amp to run 6x9s and components, not chosen as yet...

Maybe you think I'm nuts but can't wait :) think rears seats are going :D

http://www.extremeaudio.co.uk/brand/atomic-speakers/99/1

Never seen an spl supra and as I said its really just a show car for the uk show scene.

As it is now it pulls a croud, so with 5000w it will be mad :)

Yeah its definately different mate but if you want the most from the subs you should really wall them off. Is 5000w your aiming for RMS or peak?

Wall them off, I'm new to this :)

5000w rms was the amp I was looking at running the subs pal, plus the other amps for the components etc...

What does that peak at then? 5000w rms is mental!

Wall them off, I'm new to this :)

5000w rms was the amp I was looking at running the subs pal, plus the other amps for the components etc...

Basically this -

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270305-Just-a-little-vid-of-my-sound-system!

I had it in the boot first and recorded 142.0db then after walling it off making it completely sealed off I managed a 151db! A huge difference, in fact that much of a difference I nearly crapped my insides the first time I heard it. Have you considered box design also?

Unsure what peak is on them pal?

Think I'll be happy with 2500w rms into each mate, see how it goes?

If I walled off behind the seats would a tuned cubic ft box be attached behind subs ?

How did yours sound outside the car, and from let's sat 20 metres ?

To be honest I'd be very happy with a system that would wow the average public from outside the car.

What equipment would you suggest ?

Building an SPL sound system and to be able to compete and do well in EMMA competitions is not cheap, i done this with my polo a few years ago, great laugh competing and winning shows everywhere but it wasnt cheap lol

No bad for a jap polo to hold the record for the loudest car in Ireland @ 167 DB at the port - Outlaw Rules :)

I have a very good friend that competes in Emma and he does very well so im well aware of the costs, the money isnt the problem really.

After thinking about it i probally wouldnt have time to compete in Emma as im busy trading at shows 30 weeks a year....

I have the high end sorted, but am i over engineering the sub and amp if im not going to compete, i just really want a system that kicks

ass from outside the vehicle....

What would you suggest??

You could hear my single 18" sub from very FAR away! Infact I think it gave more of a rumble at distance than standing right next to it. I would highly reccomend matching the rms wattage of the sub with an amp or your forever going to be heating up those coils!

Box design is 90% the most important part to pumping out tremendous amounts of noise in a system. You can get just as much sound from a single 12 in a well designed box than multiple 15s in a quick lash up box.

I suggest finding someone that has computer programing to design a box that will benifit the most from the sub of choice. In my astra (which is bigger than a supra inside) I needed 16 cubic feet internal box volume for my enclosure and had to build the box in my car from the inside. Also I had it tuned at 28hz because I wanted to move buildings not just send 50hz + notes through peoples brain giving everyone around it a headache.

Theres so many questions to ask yourself before even thinking of cutting that mdf. Do you want low notes that move the earth and can be heard miles away or high notes that will register alot higher on a db reader but not good on the ear. Also do you want to listen to whole songs or just burp the notes 5 seconds at a time? The more info you can provide the closer we can get to a kickass system! :)

You could hear my single 18" sub from very FAR away! Infact I think it gave more of a rumble at distance than standing right next to it. I would highly reccomend matching the rms wattage of the sub with an amp or your forever going to be heating up those coils!

Box design is 90% the most important part to pumping out tremendous amounts of noise in a system. You can get just as much sound from a single 12 in a well designed box than multiple 15s in a quick lash up box.

I suggest finding someone that has computer programing to design a box that will benifit the most from the sub of choice. In my astra (which is bigger than a supra inside) I needed 16 cubic feet internal box volume for my enclosure and had to build the box in my car from the inside. Also I had it tuned at 28hz because I wanted to move buildings not just send 50hz + notes through peoples brain giving everyone around it a headache.

Theres so many questions to ask yourself before even thinking of cutting that mdf. Do you want low notes that move the earth and can be heard miles away or high notes that will register alot higher on a db reader but not good on the ear. Also do you want to listen to whole songs or just burp the notes 5 seconds at a time? The more info you can provide the closer we can get to a kickass system! :)

To be honest now i think about it a system just to wow the show goers, bugger the db readers etc....

So something that sounds good to the ear :)

The best thing to do is join talkaudio forum or simular as it could all end up sounding terrible if the box is all wrong for the system. Vas? Fs? Qes? These are all inputs that you must consider when making your own box mate. Even displacment of the ports if not compinsated for could be catastrophic! I see what your saying about drawing people in so i would say aim for a box tuned to 35-40hz.

Its a show car for the business pal, i rarely get to enjoy it...

Ive seen how audio can drag people towards it and its just another idea to draw them in :)

Come to the Fast Show 2013 and ask Jen for her no in person :)

Just think, you can get to shows even faster with a big turbo ;)

I do have a hot model, but ones enough at £150 a day :)

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]159907[/ATTACH]

meet jen...

Oh my... I think I'm in love :love: