The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible new owner, advice wanted

Guest Rich b

Hi everyone im a new member who is looking at buying a supra, the only problem is i cant choose between (and you have probabilly been asked questions like this hundreds of times, sorry) a supra or an evo 6/7/8. i currently have a celica gt4 st205 running aprox 290bhp and would like to have a change/more power really. I have posted a simlar thread on an evo forum to get advice about those too i have never been in ethier car and would just like a bit of guidence/info about both cars, i love my gt4 and toyota is in my heart a bit now but i think i would miss AWD? im compleatly havent got a clue lol any help or advice would be great! Cheers rich.

i had an evo 9 and a supra na,TT,and single turbo go for the TT as it wont cost the earth not even for a good UK spec one now and its twice the car the evo is with its £000 miles service intervals and desire for forged internals on and above of 400bhp

Thanks for the advice mate

I went is an evo with similar power to my bpu car. The acceleration and power delivery was very different and it was very capable in the corners. But the guy never drove it because it was quite fragile and needed servicing all the time.

Where as my bpu uk car (for sale btw) has done a flawless 160k miles as a daily driver with far less servicing intervals

I went is an evo with similar power to my bpu car. The acceleration and power delivery was very different and it was very capable in the corners. But the guy never drove it because it was quite fragile and needed servicing all the time.

Where as my bpu uk car (for sale btw) has done a flawless 160k miles as a daily driver with far less servicing intervals

I have heard mixed things about maintenace cost of the evos some say cost a fortune and others say would not cost me any more than my gt4, also heard the supra is very tail happy

As tail happy as any other rwd car. I had no Rwd experience either. I managed just fine and only caught me Out on e. though i had had some 'oh shit' moments.

Don't plant your right foot unless your wheels are strait and the conditions are good (drive like a granny) then you won't have an accident

Having followed you on dragonball. It's the latter :p

And yeah. The supra is a £40,000 (in the 90's) gt car, not a jumped up taxi.

I agree, I have nothing against scoobies evos ect (I used to hillclimb a 450bhp lancia delta integrale evo)

But the supra is a proper car you'll love Looking at as much as driving, is a special car and sexy lines

Having followed you on dragonball. It's the latter :p

And yeah. The supra is a £40,000 (in the 90's) gt car, not a jumped up taxi.

Have to agree here. The evo is too fragile. Alot to ask of a 2 litre engine! A supra will do you well. Even a stock TT will be an improvement over your celica, trust me iv got one and have driven a gt4 and a supra is another ball game!

As tail happy as any other rwd car. I had no Rwd experience either. I managed just fine and only caught me Out on e. though i had had some 'oh $#@!' moments.

Don't plant your right foot unless your wheels are strait and the conditions are good (drive like a granny) then you won't have an accident

No point in buying a tt then, just get an NA with an open diff and you'll be fine :D