The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car arriving in 2 weeks

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

i have a 94 rx7 type r arriving in 2 weeks,

it has a single turbo on hks (t04hs something like that)

tein suspension

lots of boost controllers and computers on glove department

aftermarket exhaust, filter, fmic,boost valves,blow off valve.

can name all mods but what sort of bhp will this have if its runnig a single the guy in japan said i would be impressed with the power and performance.

Having a bit of a pootle around on the web and from some slightly hazy memories about some stuff I read a while ago I reckon the RX-7 could be putting out around the 375 - 450bhp mark if it's been setup right.

Could be fun in a sort of sliding around all over the place with the wheels spinning kind of way ;)

Cheers,

Sherriff.

Don't mean to be negative dude but I have driven 2 highly modifed RX 7's like that and walked away. There are very poular in Japan for drifting and track cars.

That basically translates to undrivable on normal roads as they don't give a fcuk about setting the fuellking up at the lower end.

Hope yours is a much better example than the ones I've seen with big singles. They also have no power at all under about 4K RPM then they burst into wheelspin, its funny the first time but quickly gets boring:(

Guest Dan Norton

Oooooo...love reading this thread.....nice 7 jurgen.

I would ask for more for it, if the car is set-up nicely, some desirable parts on that....re-amemiay, to4 conversion etc etc.....its should be around 400bhp no probs, as long as it is mapped properly.

Should deffo ask for £11,500.

The wheels on the back are the same as mine.....Regamasters, they are made by the same people who make spoon sports wheels (hence the design :) )

Actually, my wheels are up for sale next week if anyone is intrested....they will go straight on a mkiv aswell :)

But back to the 7 in question.....will be a very fast car....11 secs should be possible with that set-up and some dam decent tyres.

Dan!!

NIce car for drifting :p

It sounds like the setting is prepare for going on mountain drifting in Japan.

BUt with a nice setting after arrive in UK, you should try it out on those A-roads, should be very nice.

Just that you need to buy some more tyres........

On uneven roads and corners such like A roads, twin turbo perform better than Single turbo in some way. Twin turbo's mistake can be corrected faster than a single turbo in street racing.

But for drifting, single turbo is perferred.

Guest Dan Norton

Thanks bobbeh.:)

400bhp single turb rx7's are'nt completely undriveable,

Yea the bigger turbo setups (greddy t78/t88 garret gt42r etc) are a little laggy, but the hks t04 units are a really good comprimise, they have a fairly wide power band on them with the power really coming in nicely at around 3500rpm all the way to 8000.

So makes them fantastic for a really really fast street car.

The t78 unit i am after IS slightly more laggy, only has 220bhp at 4000rpm, then at around 8k it will be near the 500bhp mark....so a fairly big step.

Also you have to remember the rx7 has one of the best suspension setups as standard, as long as that car isnt wound up to the max on the hardness setting on its after market stuff, then it will be an absolute joy to drive on the road.

Cheers,:thumbs:

Dan!!

Guest Dan Norton

Yup, no probs!

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com

If you are just using the forum for trading....my best advice is to pm/email the administrator/owner (clive), and tell them you only want to use the forum for selling cars/bits (if you get any).

Theres been a few rogue traders set-up on there just recently with just the sole intention of trying to rip guys off with shit cars:(

That way you will get a better response from not only the guys on the forum, but the admin/moderators aswell.

Any more help needed, and just ask me mate.

Cheers,

Dan!!:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...