joint and where  

29 members have voted

1. 1. joint and where

• keep santapod for march and make joint event
    • keep santapod for march club event
    • shakespeare raceway (date tba) joint event
    • shakespeare raceway (date tba) club event
    • none of the above

i see in the dragonball thread that we have not got good dates for the suprapod event (no suprise really),

Now that numbers of suporters are thin on the ground and the club has a GTR gathering is there any chance of doing a joint day?

i know that track time will be less but its a shame to loose it a great club day that alot of us attend,

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is the dates offered to us...likelihood is that we would have to be the guests on another clubs day and thus it will never be SupraPod!?:(

Better than not going at all though.:thumbs:

Yes you are right re the dates offered being the problem. I am not sure that any other clubs would be that interested in teaming up with us with those dates. Its such a shame we had a poor turn out (if that is the reason behind the poor dates being offered) as for me at least Suprapod is probably the best event of the year. Its such good value for money compared with RWYB too, I cant understand why we had so few taking advantage of the strip this year.

Yes you are right re the dates offered being the problem. I am not sure that any other clubs would be that interested in teaming up with us with those dates. Its such a shame we had a poor turn out (if that is the reason behind the poor dates being offered) as for me at least Suprapod is probably the best event of the year. Its such good value for money compared with RWYB too, I cant understand why we had so few taking advantage of the strip this year.

British Grand Prix weekend and accomodation in the area was a major issue IIRC (was for me).

I think we should definately still keep Suprapod and go for the October date. There is a good chance that the weather will be still be good and going by this years event where it rained heavily in July, we have nothing to lose.

Great event this and will be a shame if it comes to an end.

British Grand Prix weekend and accomodation in the area was a major issue IIRC (was for me).

Oh sorry, I was referring to the dates offered for 2013, didnt I read that it was March and October? Yes I realised there was a clash with the Grand Prix this year, was a real shame, although from my point of view this years dates were much better than the previous Suprapod dates in August as they used to conflict with a busy period at work. It's always going to be hard find a date to suit all.

im still not even sure if the dates are that bad october maybe but if its a late march one could still be a good date in regards to weather as well the hole of last year was poor weather so you can never tell,

i do so very much love the suprapod great banter before and after ,

we get to rip up the tarmack with no worries of a ban,

passenger rides available,

get to race our forum pals,

great convoy there

night on the lash,

if we get a joint GTR event we can show them what we are made :yes: of or vice versa :no:

im still not even sure if the dates are that bad october maybe but if its a late march one could still be a good date in regards to weather as well the hole of last year was poor weather so you can never tell,

great convoy there

night on the lash,

if we get a joint GTR event we can show them what we are made :yes: of or vice versa :no:

+1 Wholeheartedly agree with your comments

great convoy there

night on the lash,

I think a proper arranged day with the GT-R's would be great. I've got some good friends here (and Hodge) and would love to go head to head with some of them.

...I predict a lot of Supra's would go up for sale after though :D

I definitely want to go to this or dragonball next year. Or both :D

thats the thing suprapod is cheap enough that if it was done in march you still have 2 months until dragonball,

im just gutted it see it might go , i know alot of people dont make it out to meets and i am one of them juggling work and family make it hard, it doesnt have to be santapod to be fair i did see mention of a air field which is just as good if its been set up for a drag event and costs might be cheaper to get more interest

I think a proper arranged day with the GT-R's would be great. I've got some good friends here (and Hodge) and would love to go head to head with some of them.

great convoy there

night on the lash,

:D

I would love to go head to head with you, or any GTR and after that mybe you will be selling up and getting a new supra.