The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rich's NA-T

Rich.2211

The car is now a fully fledged NA-T and a lot has changed since this first post when I first purchased the car. Please read through the thread to see the development :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought my third Supra last Sunday, a black 1994 SZ-R off member Kniff_666 on here. This one is by far the best I've drove and definitely a keeper, so I'm looking forward to getting it show worthy and many years motoring to come in it :)

Spec:

- 1994 SZ-R in A202 black

- 2JZ-GE (NA) mated to five speed W58 transmission

- 64'000 miles

- Torsen LSD

- Yellow Bilstein suspension all round

- Drilled and grooved discs with Mintex pads

- Iridium spark plugs

- Celica ST202 steering wheel

- Heckler PCB mod for rear fog

- Aeroflat wipers

- Black leather headlining and visors

- Advan AVS F7 18" alloys

- Second de-cat

- Custom cat-back 2.5" exhaust system that retains stock exhaust tip

- Clear side repeators

- UK spec glass headlights

- Cobra Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser

- Razo metal pedal covers

- Leather gearstick gaitor

- "Tuner" style gear knob

Here's a few pictures after a quick clean, and tidy up of the engine bay:

When I first collected it it had a large dent in the offside front wing. I have had the whole car taken care of by a paintless dent removal chap who removed this completely along with a few other parking dents and so on. The car looks a whole load better for it!

This has now been repaired as seen in the above pics, but here's a quick before snap:

Edited by Rich.2211
Thread title edit (see edit history)

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice dude :thumbs: - next thing on the shopping list I would recommend is the cover for the airbox (unless you already have it and it's just not on in the pics) :)

The cover will help stop the intake from drawing in warm air from the engine bay and also help direct the air that is pushed in from the 2 intake feeds the stock setup has :thumbs:

Edited by d-_-b (see edit history)

The paint correction that you have done on it makes all the difference!

What is the next thing that you have got planned for it then?

i look forward to the progress.

Is this going to be your project thread?

Haven't had chance to detail it yet just a bloody good polish but it's come up great!! This will be a thread to keep all my updates on the car in. Next on the list will be a proper full detail, fit the new rear tyres, service and refurb the calipers hopefully this weekend. Just want to get it as good condition as it can be before I think about changing to much.

Plenty of bits to keep me occupied for the time being :)

Looks clean! Nice buy!:thumbs:

b;3520127']Very nice dude :thumbs: - next thing on the shopping list I would recommend is the cover for the airbox (unless you already have it and it's just not on in the pics) :)

The cover will help stop the intake from drawing in warm air from the engine bay and also help direct the air that is pushed in from the 2 intake feeds the stock setup has :thumbs:

Cheers for the comments! I have the air box cover, it's off the car at the moment whilst I attempt to carbon wrap it. We shall see how that goes lol.. but it will definitely be back on the car sooner rather than later :)

Plenty of bits to keep me occupied for the time being :)

It does look stunning now m8. I did my best to keep her in good trim (if you ignore the dent that someone added for me) but it will look so much better after a proper detail.

Always used PTFE sealant and high content carnauba wax. SHINY is good.

Next thing i would do to proper top it off would be the alloy refurb or swap. What are your thoughts on the alloys? I always liked them in the light gun metal.

I am 99% sure that they are AVS model 7. They are pretty lightweight for 18"s

It does look stunning now m8. I did my best to keep her in good trim (if you ignore the dent that someone added for me) but it will look so much better after a proper detail.

Always used PTFE sealant and high content carnauba wax. SHINY is good.

Next thing i would do to proper top it off would be the alloy refurb or swap. What are your thoughts on the alloys? I always liked them in the light gun metal.

I am 99% sure that they are AVS model 7. They are pretty lightweight for 18"s

Shiny is GREAT! haha. As for the alloys, I really can't make my mind up. I'll be having them refurbed the same colour again and get my new tyres fitted then I'll decide. I think they look great dead on from the side, but from the front they could maybe do with being a little lower offset, just to make it look a little more aggressive. Although, it does drive really well on these wheels, so I'm loathed to change just yet :)

Have you received my payment/bank transfer for the service items etc. I sent you by the way?

• 2 weeks later...

When I purchased the car a few weeks ago, one of the first things I was made aware of was it needing rear tyres. I purchased 2 x Falken FK452's (275/35/18), and in the process of fitting them measured the Advans to find out they're 11J on the rear!!

Onto the interior, I've also refurbed the dash panels in anthracite grey, swapped out the "tuner" style gear knob for a standard five speed item and removed the Razo pedal covers:

Along with this I've also had a smaller 12x3 number plate made up from Master Plates which I've fitted to the standard J spec plinth. I re-painted the number plate plinth satin black before fitting the plate to smarten it up and get rid of they grey plastic look:

On Monday night I went to a local Jap car enthusiasts meet. I bumped into Benkei with his immaculate Yellow VVT-i:

A cheeky reflection shot :):

Edited by Rich.2211 (see edit history)

A package turned up from Kniff_666 (previous owner) the other day with the items I had purchased off him to service the car with. The car will be serviced in time for the Dynodaze meet this Sunday where she'll be run on the dyno. I have currently purchased the following..

1 x New uprated panel filter

1 x New distributor cap

1 x New rotor arm

1 x Motul 90 PA lubricant for LSD extreme pressure (2 litres)

2 x Motul gear 300 75w-90 racing gearbox and differential lubricant 100% synthetic - ester based (1 litre)

1 x Millers Oils XSS 10w-40 semi-synthetic engine oil (1 x 5 litres, 1 x 1 litres)

1 x Toyota red coolant (to top up coolant)

1 x Q8 Oils auto 15 dextron III power steering fluid (to top up power steering reservoir)

1 x UFI spin on oil filter 23.253.000

1 x Engine sump plug gasket 904.30-12031

2 x Gearbox drain and filler/level plug gaskets 90430-18008

2 x Differential drain and filler/level plug gaskets 12157-10010

I also want to purchase a new fuel filter, magnetic sump plug (if they're worth while) and a new radiator cap.

Its looking good m8. Very good indeed!

I reckon the performance will increase slightly with a full service. I would also recommend a quick check of the iridium plugs , as a quick clean may be needed.

How did you get all the coating off the dash so quickly?

FYI, I always hated the razo pedals too. Lol.

Its looking good m8. Very good indeed!

I reckon the performance will increase slightly with a full service. I would also recommend a quick check of the iridium plugs , as a quick clean may be needed.

How did you get all the coating off the dash so quickly?

FYI, I always hated the razo pedals too. Lol.

It certainly feels a good engine, it's stronger pulling than my last NA. A full service definitely won't go a miss so I think I'll be doing it today if works quiet, cheers for the heads up with the plugs :)

As for the dash... Acetone ;) my girlfriend works in a Pharmacy so I have access to plenty for a relatively good price, with some wire wool and Acetone you can literally wipe the rubbery stuff off (well nearly, took about 30 mins in total).

You don't fancy doing my dash panels? lol

Stripping the rubber off is a pain!

Give it a try with the neat acetone, well worth while. Most nail varnish remove has acetone in it, but if you go to a Pharmacy you can buy it neat over the counter.

On another note mate, any idea how they will dyno the car on Sunday if mine is still limited at 112mph? Won't they have to dyno it in a lower gear which may give inaccurate readouts?