The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats the most ear destroying loudest baddest exhaust for a TT Supra?

Supra Kong

Just out of interest really... to many other things to get first!

Would be good to know for future reference

But, what would be the loudest exhaust available? One that annoys your neighbours, pulls granny's over as their dogs jump for cover? :D

And can still be fitted with a baffle for track days?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 4" with a baffle is not suited to being raced on a track. it's too restrictive and your egt's will probably end up being too high. It also doesn't reduce the db by that much. You might knock 5 or 10db off if your lucky. And if your putting out 110 that's pointless :p

Db limits on tracks are very low for static and flyby. Arround 95db I think?

You have 2 options realistically.

1) fit an exhaust so loud that its uncomfortable to drive any decent distance. People complain and the police pull you over.

2)fit a 'quiet' exhaust that passes noise checks for tracks

Or change the exhaust for a quiet one each time you want to track the car.

A 4" with a baffle is not suited to being raced on a track. it's too restrictive and your egt's will probably end up being too high. It also doesn't reduce the db by that much. You might knock 5 or 10db off if your lucky. And if your putting out 110 that's pointless :p

Db limits on tracks are very low for static and flyby. Arround 95db I think?

You have 2 options realistically.

1) fit an exhaust so loud that its uncomfortable to drive any decent distance. People complain and the police pull you over.

2)fit a 'quiet' exhaust that passes noise checks for tracks

Or change the exhaust for a quiet one each time you want to track the car.

Option 1) Am i the only person in the world that doesnt get uncomfortable with a really loud exhaust?

Option 2) Is what i currently have

Option 3) Thought about doing that

I'm about to take my Nur Spec R off and fit a 4" HKS Ti I'll report back the noise different :D

I just done the same with one of whiffins 4" TI systems, must say its not that much louder. I've changed it over to Jamie P's old back box.....now it's bloody loud and sounds awesome.