The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting diffuser with a Blitz Nur Spec R!

RobD

Has anyone done this? Offered mine upto the car today but it seems it won't fit properly! Is anyone running this exhaust with a Diffuser and can shed some light? It looks like the diffuser may need modifying but I don't want to cut away to much to weaken the diffuser to much just to get it to fit!

I think there's been a lot of chat going on about this with the Auto Shine group buy going on. IIRC the sort of 'up and out' angled systems will have fitment issues compared to the straight out the back exhausts. Someone asked this a while ago I think, pretty sure it was Kaan W :)

The Blitz NUR R follows an almost straight diagonal line for the 2nd cat to the rear which means it has to hang lower to clear the underside of the car. An exhaust that follows the path the stock exhaust takes underneath the car and that has an oval rather than cylindrical backbox would give better clearance and would sit higher at the back eg. Tanabe Medalion Touring.

imageimageimage

I've been after a Blitz for years Nic, my one gets delivered Wednesday, I was offering up the diffuser to a mates car, I'd rather have the exhaust and have the "kick up" at the rear than a diffuser! So it'll be for sale sometime this week :)