The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP PLEASE with route for Intercooler piping

DodgyRog

Just need a bit of quick advise, any help or experience would be good

I am fitting my Intercooler before my engine transplant to save a bit of cash off the bill

The Turbo side is easy enough, but on the cold side the bottom pipe (which is a reversed/flat C shape) needs to go through the rear of a load of plastic trim which I will cut up a bit, but there is also the powersteering cooling pipes and the main problem is the metal Air Condition piping.

I can proberbly push the metal piping down enough if I undo the bracket, but it will then be rubbing against the underside off the Intercooler hardpipe.

It will have to be forced down to get the hardpipe through, so will be streching the rubber slightly causing it to pull back against the hardpipe, where it touches the hardpipe it is like a metal block

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it or did you just stretch it like I have described

Any help and advice greatly received, as my Supra is in lots of bits tonight on the drive

It doesn't help that I am having to do it slightly blind, as I don't have the TT engine to line things up, so I am guessing that the pipe needs to go where I am trying to run it

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

my ic cam with a bracket that screwed to the chassis and you then fixed the ac pipe to the bracket which lowered it bout 3 or 4 inches but it worked as planned....don't bend to much they tend to be very brittle and break easy.

To be honest if it broke I would just remove the AC anyway and it will all be replaced during the TT transplant

I don't really see how even with a bracket you could move it down 3 to 4 inches, mine would be below the undertray if I did that

Mine goes round everything mate, and mines NA-TT. Everything else stayed as stock afaik. Not much help I know.

Is yours 3 inch pipe work, there's no way it is going through without me triming the plastics, already cut away the front parts by the Intercooler and I can't see how a 3 inch pipe goes through without moving the A/C pipework, it might sqeeze through if it was 2 1/2 inch I guess

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I have a feeling mine is 2 1/2 mate but not sure.

Plus, I have no aircon. Never gets used, so had it removed. Surprising how much it weighs lol

To be honest mine hasn't been used for years, on the Dragonball I went to use it for the first time in forever, but it has de-gassed, I might get it sorted before the next Dragonball though

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?241437-Urgent-Help-GReddy-Spec-LS-Install

I had similar issues when I installed mine.

Mount the cooler and the C Pipe, you will see which A/C pipe needs relocation. You need a bracket like shown in my thread.

The kit should have come with one..

Mine was 2nd hand and I didn't get that bracket unfortunately, just got home from work so will have another look now and see if I can cable tie it back for now and see if Paul (Whifbitz) can make something up when he does the transplant

Thanks for the link as well the pic in there is the exact same bit I was asking about