The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Birthday Ideas for Car Enthusiast

Noz

Hi guys,

mates wife just asked me for some advice on a birthday present. He is into most performance cars, and she wasn't sure what to get him. Maybe tickets to goodwood she suggested.

I was sure there must be some decent ar experiences. Need to be something a bit quicker than your usual outing. Maybe a go in an Atom somewhere?

No idea, thought I'd ask you guys!

Budget would b a few hundred quid I spose. If it's a good idea, be worth some extra cash I spose.

Based in the southwest, so no ideas in crazy locations like Scotland please :D

Thanks guys.

• 3 years later...
Worth a look:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2012/08/drift-limits-affiliation/

A couple of people I know run Drift Limits and they also have an Atom and E46 M3 which I believe you can drive on the day as well.. best to contact them though.

I've done a day in the MX5s and it was awesome

Ollie

My missus just got me a day at Driftlimits, hope it's good :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

My mrs bought me a track day, and the only car available for driving that day was a modified Ariel Atom. Wheel stance and centre of gravity had been lowered, and other modifications. Was a blast to drive, the grip was immense, shot off like a little pocket rocket - although not the fastest car in the world it was certainly fun. Steering was slightly on the heavy side, and after the fifth lap, hands started to cramp up a bit from holding it. The only thing i would say is, make sure you find a track that has some long straights - makes the experience so much better.

I cant for the life of me remember where i went to do it, but the track was so bloody small - stayed in third gear 98% of the time, still fun though. I think given the choice i would have prefered to go around in the modified lambo or aston but this was really good fun, id definately recommend it. For £20 you get a go pro video of you doing the laps on a usb too :thumbs: