The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision 6262 what A/R size

RB-GTE

Mate of mine owns a shop, has hookup with Precision turbo discount for me. So this is my turbo choice.

My power goal is about 480-490rwhp on pump gas. Not sure what that is in BHP, around 530/540?

It would be with stock cams (I would upgrade to some 264's down the road)

800cc SARD, 3" downpipe/exhaust, 3 row intercooler, ETC.... just the basic supporting mods.

I know that the 6262 WILL make the power without a doubt.

I have been reading the USA Supra forums and see people making around 490/500rwhp on average at 1.2bar on pump gas.

My real question here is what A/R size to go with?

Would T4 .68 housing be ideal? or would the .81 be better? whatever has the quicker spool.

Also would the 6262 be too big for my power goals or ideal?

There is also another Precision Turbo 5862 with .84 A/R (58mm), would this make the power I'm after with a set of cams and 1.3/1.4 bar on pump gas?

Edited by RB-GTE (see edit history)

i am not a turbo expert but a smaller turbine ar will give faster spool but you will lose out at the top end of the revs. I think it depends on what you want from the car, if you do a lot of town driving then i would go for a smaller ar or if you do a lot of motorway driving then i would go for a larger ar. I what to go single soon and have been looking at choices of turbo to get, for me all i would what is about 500bhp so i would chose the smallest turbo that can make that power, that way i dont lose out too much on the bottom end pull, as you know the supra in bpu has good bottom end torque, I don't won't to lose that feeling you get, if you look at the dyno plots of a std bpu supra Vs a 6-700hp the bpu supra seems have more power up to the point when the 6-700hp starts to make good boost (about 3000 to 4000 rpm) for me i would prefer the strong pull from lower revs as i mainly do local driving, i am, not saying that the higher power surpas are no good, just not for my style of driving.

sorry i can't be of anymore help.

good luck regards chris

same with me ^

smallest turbo to get the desired power..

that's why I am considering the 5862 but I personally think it is a little bit too small.

just wanted some other input but I am pretty set on 6262 with .68 A/R

I do mostly town driving and I think the 6262 on average is fully spooled around 3800 range