The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stainless steel dial sets

Bill Prawn

Just visited THOR and they have some really cool looking stainless steel dial sets and warning light sets.

The dials are brushed steel, but you can get polished by special order.

They have all the cutouts in the right places for auto's and manuals. As well as a cutout THOR logo.

The backings are available in loads of colours; blues, red, orange, greens, even pink and more besides.

The quality is superb and the go up to 220mph (more than I ever will:p ).

Price is £85 for dials and £15 for warning and heating dial covers.

They also do a bespoke service to have your own logo and designs cut out as complicated as you like for a price.

Being a picky ba**ard I couldn't decide what colour to get there and then, but I am back in the area soon and will pick up some then.

Don't think these are on their site yet but call Peter (01676 535888) he'll give you all the details.

By the way Peter if you see this, thanks for your time today, most informative. I will be back and thanks for talking to an engine idiot in plain language, really helpful and refreshing:thumbs:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bill Prawn

Piran and DB

The new ones look even better than that.

Peter at Thor said he was about to take photties of them and put them on his site.

If I see them I will post up.:thumbs:

I hate you !

here I am trying to resist and you say they look even better ! aaargh

Originally posted by attilauk

OMG! i need those dials, Peter you WILL be getting a call from me after Payday!:p

oh and can anyone tell me how much a blue led conversion is?

i may be mistaken but i dont think Pete has any UK spec dials as yet.

OK I want a set of those with the heater dials etc and I want to have red backlighting. Do I need to get red bulbs for the instrument cluster? and my own red LEDS?

I see that the example has had the full blue conversion can this be done in red anyone?? Also as I have a spare instrument cluster I have no aversion to sending that one in to have the dials put on so how much total for the dials with red backlighting and the heater dial covers and warning panels?

Originally posted by dangerous brain

OK I want a set of those with the heater dials etc and I want to have red backlighting. Do I need to get red bulbs for the instrument cluster? and my own red LEDS?

I see that the example has had the full blue conversion can this be done in red anyone?? Also as I have a spare instrument cluster I have no aversion to sending that one in to have the dials put on so how much total for the dials with red backlighting and the heater dial covers and warning panels?

Peter said yesterday that the bulbs have a greeny type sheath on them that can be removed to make them clear.

Call him and check is most helpful and will explain fully. Even I understood what he was talking about:eek:

I need the UK spec and Jap spec facelift dial layout to complete the set.

But the person who supplies the template dials gets them at £65 a set and not £85

You can change the dash to be any colour LED you like.

I've done red and blue conversions before.

see here Red Dials

Note. I did this about three years ago to my Supra and a mates car. (Before I made and heater dial surrounds obviously)

Note even the odometer and clock can be changed.

Pete

Originally posted by THOR Racing

I need the UK spec and Jap spec facelift dial layout to complete the set.

But the person who supplies the template dials gets them at £65 a set and not £85

You can change the dash to be any colour LED you like.

I've done red and blue conversions before.

Note even the odometer and clock can be changed.

Pete

See I said he tells it like it is for us dummies:p

Originally posted by Supragal

nooooo no no nonoooooo, just order them, have them fitted then it's too late to say no! There's no need to even ask girl :D

It is very very tempting.

£110 I wounder if there's a discount for already having the leds and lights in the colour I want.