The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD gearbox mounts and noise

tooquicktostop

I have had one fitted for for over 12 months now and it is incredibly noisy! I have std clutch and flywheel but it makes as much transmission noise as Stevel's race car did.

The one I bought had been on someones car for a week and they were changing back to stock because it was too loud.

Will stick with mine as it fits with the whole race car theme, well actually i'm not convinced about that to be honest.

I have had one fitted for for over 12 months now and it is incredibly noisy! I have std clutch and flywheel but it makes as much transmission noise as Stevel's race car did.

The one I bought had been on someones car for a week and they were changing back to stock because it was too loud.

Will stick with mine as it fits with the whole race car theme, well actually i'm not convinced about that to be honest.

Was about to comment on yours Tim! Sounds like a straight cut gearbox! :)

it makes as much transmission noise as Stevel's race car did.

what do u mean by that ?? i am buying SteveL's gear box :search:

If these are so noisy, I can't understand why people fit them, especially when your not running mega power.

probs because they are called "TRD" mounts i will be looking for stock mounts if they are that noisey

I'm sure Jurgens lads checked everything when it went back it. From the vid, it does sound like its around the shifter area. I know Jevansio's shifter was very clunky, I gave him my spare pre-facelift one, it shortened the throw and reduced the noise.

sound like this? This is the problem im having.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kYgMUidk5w

Not quite the same, is that on TRD mounts?

Mine is more mechanical gear noise as well as having an aftermarket flywheel (my stock one was knackered) I guess it's just the way it is

I will dyno mat the tunnel to cut some of it out

The Getrag is never that sophisticated in its operation the TRD mounts just extenuated this

what do u mean by that ?? i am buying SteveL's gear box :search:

Nothing wrong with Steves gearbox I assure you. He had a TRD mount and triple plate clutch. The clutch and flywheel like most big power ones rattle a bit at idle. Added to the fact he had no sound deadening in the car made the whole set up quite noisy.

Just makes me think my BPU is a little more like his car. That's all.

As regards the noise in the video, I get nothing like that. Just a similar noise to the one Dean mentioned.

Edited by sideexitsupra (see edit history)

what with, i still need to locate a flywheel for my conversion :) would be god to get a decent one

Nothing wrong with Steves gearbox I assure you. He had a TRD mount and triple plate clutch. The clutch and flywheel like most big power ones rattle a bit at idle. Added to the fact he had no sound deadening in the car made the whole set up quite noisy.

ok cool i wasnt panicing i promise

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)