The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fearing my looming MOT

TRD3000GT

Ok boys and girls,

I have a few issues comming up with MOT. My car still has cats so beofre you say, Its not one of them!

I have always watched my car put on to a sort of roller thing where they test the brakes. This is normally a 3 inch drop and I know will end up damaging my doluck front. Is this needed as I just installed new UK's with brembos all round?

Also what about the fog light I just got rid of at the rear? Not looking forward to a place asking me to put it back.

Can any of these things be overlooked?

:innocent:

hi there

about your rear foglight its a must for mot test but only the drivers side.

if your vehicle is lowered, then there is no reason why it has to be put in a brake tester roller the mot tester can use a device called a taply meter which is placed on the passenger footwell and the car is driven to 20mph and the brakes are applied to obtain a brake reading . all mot stations have a brake meter.

Originally posted by absxxxx

hi there

about your rear foglight its a must for mot test but only the drivers side.

if your vehicle is lowered, then there is no reason why it has to be put in a brake tester roller the mot tester can use a device called a taply meter which is placed on the passenger footwell and the car is driven to 20mph and the brakes are applied to obtain a brake reading . all mot stations have a brake meter.

interesting.

Chris- make sure you stay with the car at all times!

Chris / supragal, they shouldn' t need to drive out of sight as like absxxxx said they only gotta do 20mph,

You must be seriously low to get it stuck in the rollers, i've done loads of low cars with no problems, but better to be safe than sorry!

I did Ashley W's supra with the bomex front and still had quite a few inches to spare, but i'm pretty sure the Do luck is quite a bit deeper.

Good luck!

Originally posted by supra TT myster

they are £22 which includes postage, comes with everything you need and full written instructions with pictures, or £35 for me to install it for you.

Emin

With your kit, does the 'bulb out' come on when you use the brakes with the fog lights on?