The mkiv Supra Owners Club

is it worth keeping a car i dont drive

liam1

really wondering is it worth keeping my supra i do like it but for the amount of times i use it, i dont use it for work as i have to park on industrial estate a short distance from my work as i dont have onsite parking,if me the wife and my son go out we tend to go out in my shogun,i dont use it in bad weather, this year i think ive used it a couple of times it seems a waste just sitting on my drive.

It depends, mine gets used most weekends but it isn't really something I need. I don't drive to work and getting around London is so easy with the different transport links you don't really need to own a car. We also have loads of street cars near us where you just hop into a brand new car and you can hire it for an hour, a day or whatever tickles your fancy which would save me a fortune!

So I don't 'need' the car but I still have it because it puts a smile on my face every morning I walk pass it to go to work and come home, it puts a smile on my face every time I sit in it or take it for a drive. So in essence it is making me happy which matters to me most.

Though if it is making you sad then I'd say sell it :)

i ask myself the same question every day, but then i just think yes! because i love it! lol. im in the same boat mate as we have a scenic as a family car so the supra is lucky if it gets drove about once a month. but i just cant let go as its more of a hobby for me :D

Same situation here, used it about three times this year but can't bear to sell it. Mine is garaged all the time, could do with the space but I know if I sell I'd regret it later and it only costs me £300/£400 a year to keep.

Yep, it's a waste, I did drive it daily in the first 6 or 7 yrs of ownership but since then I got a pick-up truck which is much more practical. For the time being I think I'll hold on to it, I've had nightmares which involve me selling and then not being able to buy her back....think I need to see a shrink?

Im also in the same boat, I have a work van which i use in week and any personal jobs etc, then i have a volvo s60r lpg for the long runs family stuff, and then the supra which i use a handful of times a year, Think i need help selling it, which doctors will see me about this?